Question about KODAK EASYSHARE Z760

Exitspeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My name is Mel. I have a KODAK EASYSHARE Z760 and photography is a side hobby of mine but would like to get more into it after I can afford a better camera.

I work with PS, Premier, After Effects yadda yadda yadda...

I do have a questions regarding the camera that I have. I don't think it takes that great of pics honestly. I don't know if it's the settings or what. i can't figure out how to adjust apeture or if I can change the way the camera zooms. There may be nothing I can do, but was just wondering if anyone has this camera or has experience with it that can maybe help out.

It would be apprecaited.:thumbup:

I've had a quick look on the Kodak website - from what I can tell, this camera should allow you to adjust aperture in the following way:

Instead of setting the camera to any of the 'Scene' modes (Sport, portrait, landscape, snow etc) you need to set it to 'Aperture Priority'. This is done by turning the mode dial to 'A'.

You then need to turn the jog dial until the cursor is above the aperture (indicated by f number: f2.8 for example) on the lcd screen. Press the jog dial to open the setting, then turn it left or right to alter the aperture. You should see the f number change. Press the jog dial again to save the setting.

Take a picture as you normally would - the camera will use the aperture you've selected, but adjust the shutter speed to get a correct exposure.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your second question: changing the way the camera zooms... you can zoom the camera in and out by using the lever that is built around the shutter button. Hope this helps :)

PS - the Kodak website has an online manual for your camera here:

http://wwwuk.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00430toc.jhtml?pq-path=10/3905/6594/6856/6858

there's also some interactive tutorials there somewhere.

i have the z760. it is a good p&s that is inexpensive. it does allow aperature and shutter changes. i suggest reading the manual. it is big and lengthy but it will tell you what all the little icons mean. the short of aperature - move the selector to 'A' . now more the wheel (the one at the top right) to change the desired setting. when you get to the setting that you wanna change, push the wheel in (click it). now you can rotate the wheel to change the value. the shudder is the same way but put it on 'S' on the selector.

i know this wasn't worded all that well but it should give you a start.

Hey thanx guys. I'm gonna try that out.

As far as what I mean witht he zoom, what I mean to say was the focus. It automatically focuses. Like if you (don't know the photo term) want to focus on an object close up and have if not focused on further objects. I can't make it do that.

Exitspeed said:
Hey thanx guys. I'm gonna try that out.

As far as what I mean witht he zoom, what I mean to say was the focus. It automatically focuses. Like if you (don't know the photo term) want to focus on an object close up and have if not focused on further objects. I can't make it do that.

With most cameras you can lock the focus and exposure by half-depressing the shutter.

Point the camera at your subject, so it is dead-centre. Half-depress the shutter and keep it held down. Recompose the scene without moving in relation to your subject (or it'll go fuzzy). Fully depress shutter. Wa-La. :mrgreen:

Rob

Rob said:
With most cameras you can lock the focus and exposure by half-depressing the shutter.

Point the camera at your subject, so it is dead-centre. Half-depress the shutter and keep it held down. Recompose the scene without moving in relation to your subject (or it'll go fuzzy). Fully depress shutter. Wa-La. :mrgreen:

Rob

Good to know. I'm gonna try all this stuff tnight when I get home.

This seems to be a pretty informative forum. Glad to know it's here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back