Question about my 350D

bbaker35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello again everyone,

I have a question that probably gets asked often, and I would bet does not have an exact answer. I have had my 350D about a year and a half now and have shot about 9,000 pics with it. I take very good care of it as it has never been exposed to harsh conditions of any kind. My question is...how long should I expect it to last? The camera still looks brand new, but I'm sure there is something that will go bad before the thing breaks or falls apart.

I did notice that on the new 30D ad it says there is an expected shutter life of 100,000 shots. Is that about normal for most DSLRs? Is the shutter the first thing to normally go. I saw in another post somewhere that someone had a 350D with 37,000 shots?! I'm sure that that is not very many by some standards, but then again I'm not using this camera professionally every day.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas....

Thanks,
Ben

350D's shutter is rated at 50,000 clicks. (ie this is the average)

that is, yours will last around 50,000 clicks. maybe more, maybe less.

Oh that is interesting. As someone who loves taking timelapse videos with my D200 I'm worried. My manual says nothing about expected life expectency, mind you it does recomend having the camera professionally inspected every year, and serviced every 2 years regardless of how the inspection turns out. I would assume that the most sensitive device (the CCD) would have a VERY long life expectency, and that the most sensitive mechanical device (the shutter and mirror) can be repaired.

50,000 clicks is 13.5 shots/day for 10 years.

My guess is that you will move up to something better that costs less money, or lose interest in photography altogether, before the shutter fails on a current production camera.

bbaker35 is shooting at a rate ~16/day.

Yeah that is interesting. Birdstrike is probably right, I will probably move up before ever getting to 30,000 shots. That is an interesting fact though. I didn't even realize I was shooting at 16 per day.

Thanks for the info.

Ben

Most reactions

New Topics

Back