question about raw?

jols

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just starting shooting in raw today.

downloaded my pics to picassa and pp them then saved then. they convert back to jpeg then.

i would like to do my pp in photoshop so..............................

if i convert to jpeg straight away and then open the pic up in photoshop can i do the same amount of pp or am i limited cause its been converted.

hope that it clear and be grateful for any help.:hail:

I dont think you'll get anywhere near as good a quality. Save as a tiff if you can and then open in photoshop, or depending on what photoshop you have, you can get the RAW plugin so you can open the original in photoshop without any compression.

can i download a raw plug in?

There's no point in shooting raw if you're just going to convert to jpeg and then edit them.

Download Adobe Raw (go to the adobe website and the downloads section) and edit your photos with that. Or buy Lightroom and use that. It's legendary software!

Honestly, All i use is lightroom now, i hardly ever use photoshop except for if I need to make selections or warp photos.

if you are shooting with a Canon, then I recommend Digital Photo Professional (DPP).

Canon has a wonderful and FREE conversion software called DPP. Personally, I prefer DPP to Photoshop and Lightroom. Lightroom is better than DPP if your exposure is way off and you need to save the image. But Day-In and Day-Out DPP give better color and crisper images.

Gary

PS- And it is much faster than Lightroom and Photoshop with both RAW and JPEG processing in one package. After I convert I still use Photoshop for final polishing of the image.
G

thanks for all your help gonna check out downloads today

Most reactions

Back