Question about reflex mirror lenses

Chef Evans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
New member here, slowly making the transition from amatuer to not-so amatuer. I need some input about mirror reflex lenses, pros and cons and just general opinions from users who have experience with them.

Thanks,
Chef

We had a short thread on this on the 15th, located here:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...o-gallery/186811-mirror-lens.html#post1777030

There is a link I put in there to a 4-page on-line article about using mirror lenses, written by the late,great photography writer Herbert Keppler. The link begins on page 2 of the 4-page article.

Mirror lenses are often 500mm lengths, but there have also been some shorter ones, like 250 and 300mm models; I bought my first mirror lens in 1985, a Celestron 300mm f/5.6 in Nikon mount, which is a pretty small,lightweight mirror lens, of only average quality.

That certainly puts me in the right direction, thank you for the link. I may pick one up purely for the experience with using it, so I can make comparisons with other lenses in the future. Right now i'm still finding good use for my Sony 300 mm. I seem to have the best luck in happening upon good shots with this lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back