Question for Rebel shooters

Evo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a great deal on a refurbished 350D. The only problem being the only body they had was the silver. I know it’s not really a big deal or affects the camera or the photos it takes, but I hate the silver body. I would much prefer the black body. My question is has anyone ever painted or changed the outer shell? I know it's probably not the best idea or even possible but I had to ask. Thanks! :thumbup:

Has anybody done it? Prolly.

Should you do it? Absolutely, positively no way in heck.

You can seriously destroy your equipment by painting it...

BTW I guess I qualify as a Rebel shooter since when I do Civil War reenactments, I portray a Union solider....

they sell this camera armor stuff.

its a outer shell that snaps on. protects the camera and I think its also black.

google camera armor or something like that !!!

I would definately not change anything physically w/ the body. The resale value would be gone and you could end up ruining your gear. Honestly I don't think it's a big deal, you will get used to it. My 350 is black but my k2 is silver.

As mentioned if you haaaave to change it look into the camera armor.

I could never understand people's obsession with the color of a piece of equipment....

Shoot with it in silver.. no biggy... Unless you are willing to take the camera completely apart, removing just the outer shell, sanding down the outer shell, masking properly, shoot black paint, and properly reassemble the camera.. NO.

If you don't properly prep anything before painting, it will look like crap.

Cheaper to sell it and buy another! You could get a Nikon, they're black! ;)

No, really, if the color bothers you (you don't need a reason nor are you married to your camera) get one that makes you happy!

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back