Question - Nikon D90

RTamer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At the moment I have been using a Lumix FZ50 for the past couple of years, and now (with the go-ahead from my wife) I want to get something better. The problem is, here in Germany they are showing the D90 with 12.3, 13.3, 14.3, and 15.3 megapixels! Here is a Link to them. I know it's in German, but the megapixel numbers can be read by everyone... :D

Nikon Cameras

It was my understanding that the D90 had only 12.3 megapixels, or did I miss something in the production of the D90 bodies? Is this the camera I should buy if I want to produce the best photos for this price range?

Thank you all for your help.

Robert

I'm not quite sure why it is so, but i'm gonna call the company tomorrow and ask.

It's not a Nikon site and the people maintaining the OTTO web site aren't photographers.

The D90 is 12.3 MP regardless what some retail outlet web site says.

@KmH

Thank you for your comment. I'm trying to find out what I should buy next. Would you also recommend this camera over the others in the price range? I was reading a discussion about the D300, but it's definitely more expensive and out of my price range. I can get the D90 with a 18-200 and a 70-300 lens for about €1400, with flash around €1700. That's about my limit.

I'm not too familiar with the Canon cameras in the same price range.

Robert

get d90 with 18-200+ flash and you'll be set for a while :D

get d90 with 18-200+ flash and you'll be set for a while :D
Agreed. Unless you specifically need the extra 100mm of the 70-300 for something, I'd say just stick with the 18-200. It's a good lens, and great for all-around general use.

I own 4, D90's that get used in a sports photography side business I have.

I'm not a fan of the Nikon's 18-200mm lens for technical reasons (severe barrel distortion on the short end).

The 70-300 lens that has VR is quite good for the price. I would get Nikons 18-105 mm instead of the 18-200 to accompany the 70-300.

Canon's equivelent camera is called the 500D in Europe. it is less expensive than a D90, has more mega pixels, but can't match the D90's ISO performance nor overall image quality, IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back