Question on compatability of lenses

Rapala46

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rapala46.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I have two sigma lenses that i am using right now on my Canon EOS T2, and as much as i love film photography, i think i might go to the dark side. I wouldn't sell my film camera, but instead, i was planning on buying just the body of the Canon XT Digital. This way, i could switch the lenses either way, depending on what im using. The only thing is, i dont know whether the lenses will work for the digital camera? can anyone help me?

PS: the lenses are:

Sigma AF-MF Zoom 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro
And
Sigma AF-MF Zoom 28-70mm F2.8-4 High Speed Zoom

thanks to anyone who can help

Any lens that works on a film EOS camera will work on any of Canon's Digital SLRs, including the DRebel XT. So yes :)

But, since the sensor on the digital camera is smaller than the size of a 35mm negative, there is also going to be a crop factor, meaning that you won't be able to get quite as wide-angled shots as you can with your T2. I believe the XT has a 1.6x crop factor, meaning that the 28mm side of your second lens will act more like a 40mm lens. That also means you'll be able to zoom in a bit more, making the 300mm side of your first lens act like a 480mm lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back