Question please help

kayliana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering how to really get the eyes to pop in a portrait. It may be kind of a dumb question. Here's a website of photographs I really like, especially the eyes. I Heart Photography: 2 Days Till Christmas!!!

How does she get the eyes to pop like that, especially outside?? External flash? Thank you for looking!

Part of it is lighting, & exposure. If you want light coming out of your subject's eyes, then you need to have light going in. So having your subject face a bright scene, will hopefully have that bright scene reflected in their eyes.

Of course, you can help this by using your own light source. A reflector is a good idea, because it can be a large surface, which can put large catchlights into their eyes. A flash can also work, but unless you use something like a softbox or an umbrella, the catchlight will be fairly small. That is still better than dark eyes.

And of course, I'd guess there is some special attention paid to the eyes in post processing. Google 'Photoshop + eyes' and you will have plenty to read about.

Thank you for the help. I will definitely try that.

Most reactions

Back