Question re: studio lighting & D90

Aenjell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some older Photographer's Warehouse Medalights model PG3001ML that I had been using with my F5. I have recently upgraded to a D90. The sales person that sold me the AS-15 adapter to be able to connect my lights said that I needed to check with the lighting manufacturer to make sure there was no "power back" coming through the sync cord to my D90. It was not a problem if there had been any with the F5 due to it being film but they said it could cause serious problems for my D90. I have been calling and emailing the manufacturer with no response.
Has anyone had any experience with these particular lights and connecting them to digital cameras?
Thanks

That is called 'flash trigger voltage' and if the lights use a higher trigger voltage than your camera can handle...you would need to find a solution or risk damaging your camera.

With a multimeter, you could measure the voltage for the lights but you need to know what the D90 is rated for.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the D90 has a fairly high rating, probably as high or higher than your F5. So if they worked with the F5, they will probably work fine with the D90. It being a digital body shouldn't matter because we are talking about the flash trigger circuitry, which I would think would be the pretty much the same in either camera.

Most reactions

Back