Question that got stuck in my head...

I think Canon have completely electronic control over their shutters. Do you have access to a friend with a Nikon? Their lenses have a mechanical shutter release triggered by a lever on the camera body.

Not sure what you're looking for but if you want a quick example of what these look like: How understanding aperture can help improve your photography that's at f/2.8, roll your mouse over the picture to see it at f/22.
From the back it looks pretty much very damn similar to the front: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Aperture.jpg

Hey Garbz, thanks for the link. I clearly saw how the aperture blades work on my camera (especially with 50mm f/1.4 lens). Just like the one in the link you provided. What I really wanted was to do the same when the lens was not on the camera so I could see how the brightness of the image reduced as the aperture blades closed. This I couldn't do with canon EOS lenses unfortunately but I found another way to do that. I used the DOF preview button while looking thru the viewfinder. As I stopped down, brightness reduced obviously...

I know some people with Nikon but I am not very close friends with any of them so can't ask to mess with their equipment:)
Believe me if I get a chance to play with a Nikon gear one day, I will take all my time to do it...

P.S. You meant "aperture" in your above post when saying "shutter" right?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back