Question to those who moved from crop sensor to full frame camera-low light Perf

Sparky, I too have seen this "size of the sensor" determines the needed exposure level line of thinking. It seems very odd that people think this....

Well, if sensor size does affect exposure, I think we'd all better ditch our old-fashioned hand-held light meters and buy new ones that we can input the sensor size so we can obtain a correct exposure for it.

I guess this is my first exposure (pun intended) to this way of thinking. I never noticed it back in my film days. ASA 100 was ASA 100 whether you were shooting 110 Instamatic, 35mm, 6x4.5, 6x7 or even 8x10.

This doesn't make any sense how in the heck can the pics look the same when one is a stop more exposed.

The sensors have different size... That's why.
The full frame sensor collects more light than the crop sensor, and needed 1 stop less light to get the same exposure.

You are making up absurd nonsense. A hand held light meter like Sekonic DOES NOT ASK WHAT SIZE YOUR SENSOR IS.

It could not care less, because it does not matter at all. What matters to eposure is ISO, aperture, and shutter speed, and of course, how much light there is.

I had a D7100 for a year now,it is amazing-but after 1600iso the noise is coming.I was loving it,amazing pics-even at 4000iso.then I won a D800 on ebay for $1600,
I have shoot maybe 200pics with it-game over.You can debate it all day-its better by a lot.Detail is amazing ,ISO 1600 wow .Files are huge but 6tg raids are under $500.32g mem card was 596pics on D7100,399 pics on D800.Get a D800 while everyone is upgrading.Im selling my D7100 if anyone is interested email me.

Most reactions

Back