Questions: Canon 5d Classic

tylerorton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerorton.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just signed up to this forum. Looking forward to see what I can obtain from it in the future.

I've been shooting with my Canon 30d since I started shooting 4 years ago. I'm upgrading to a new body, but I'm on a budget. I was thinking the 5d Classic because I'm wanting to go full frame and it fits into my budget. Found a pristine 5d Classic here in town with only 17k on it for $800.
Do you think it would be worth it?

If you've used the 5d, please post a sentence or two describing your experience with it.
Also, What would you recommend buying if you were in my position? and explain why you would buy that body. My budget is $1000.
Doesn't matter if the camera is full frame or not.

Thank you for your time.

Yes. I don't have experience with it but there's members on here who do. It's a good camera and at that price it's an excellent opportunity to go full frame.

What lens(s) do you have. You will usually get more out of putting money into new/better lenses, than putting it into a different camera body.

Hello Tyler. I am also a fellow Tyler and a 5D1 and 2 user. I can honestly say that making the jump to the 5D1 is a good one. I even find the AF on that body to be better than the 5D2 in some instances. However the Mark II wins in dynamic range and contrast.

If you want, I can post images taken with a 5D1 when I get home.

$800 and 17k clicks...yes...I would definitely pull the trigger on that deal. Price seems good for the amount of shots on it. I still shoot a 5D. It's a simple camera. Decent viewfinder. Not too heavy. Works well either with or without a grip on it. Accepts Nikon lenses with adapters. Very decent sensor performance. Full frame.

What lens(s) do you have. You will usually get more out of putting money into new/better lenses, than putting it into a different camera body.

I'm shooting with L glass lenses. The 30d does me well but I'm wanting more frame, DOF, resolution, and learn how to use true focal length.

Hello Tyler. I am also a fellow Tyler and a 5D1 and 2 user. I can honestly say that making the jump to the 5D1 is a good one. I even find the AF on that body to be better than the 5D2 in some instances. However the Mark II wins in dynamic range and contrast.

If you want, I can post images taken with a 5D1 when I get home.

That would be awesome if you could post a couple photos. No biggie if not. Thank you for your help. The Mark II would be a privilege to own. Someday.

5D1 and Sigma 85mm f/1.4

535367_10150734533031912_500091911_9711165_983816968_n.jpg

85mm (now w/ exif embedded)

jbyIte0CUhZcoq.jpg

Same combo

ipepHzDVWIMLt.jpg

w/ 50mm f/1.4

j3FpHkZhzYoCO.jpg

50 f/1.4

ibdWQ2JSKFR5qk.jpg

another with the 50/1.4, but in full resolution.

ixwgnZsTMC0OB.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you sir! The images look great and really gives me an understanding of what i'm paying for. Thank you for your help once again. I appreciate everyone else's input as well. Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back