Questions with film development from Miller's (and devoplement in general)

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have loaded my Kodak Autographic with a roll of 120 film. Now, I just need a place to get it developed. My "go-to" digital lab is Miller's, but I have never had film developed before.

Has anyone here used Miller's for film development?

I would like to just send it in and get it on a disc. That way I could convert to black and white or keep the color as I please. It would also be easier to archive on the computer if they were preloaded on a disc as opposed to me having to scan them.

I was reading about their film services on their site and there was quite a bit i things I was clueless about. For instance, what does the letter abreveations under mask mean. There is "B", "E", "TD".

Just looking for a little guidance here.

the letters refer to the size of crop cards. I would have the negatives scanned at full frame. You shouldn't need to card the negatives unless they are printing from the negatives.

It appears I have two options to choose from...

Processing Only: $2.05

• No specifics given.
Proof Special: $8.01

• Flat price per roll - no credit for blanks, etc.
  • Proofs are borderless.
  • All frames are printed.
  • *Includes JPG images on CD. (File size depends on film format.)
  • Studio logos, borders, frames, and sequence numbers are available at no charge for film/digital proofs.
  • Negatives, proofs and CDs have matching numbers.
  • No editing or culling.
  • ONE format per order form.
  • Copyright and order information printed on the back of proofs.

$2.05 per 120 roll? Where is this place?

Eric-Look for develop and scan only. Also, have it scanned to TIFF not JPEG at the highest resolution you can afford. Keep in mind that indifferent scanning from a lab on a very expensive drum scanner will often be inferior to scanning you do at home on a $200 flatbed. I you shoot 15 rolls of film a year, you will have paid for the flatbed.

$2.05 per 120 roll? Where is this place?
Millers

Eric-Look for develop and scan only. Also, have it scanned to TIFF not JPEG at the highest resolution you can afford. Keep in mind that indifferent scanning from a lab on a very expensive drum scanner will often be inferior to scanning you do at home on a $200 flatbed. I you shoot 15 rolls of film a year, you will have paid for the flatbed.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Just got a call from Miller's today. They developed the film and sent it out. They said that is was panoramic size negatives and they were unable to print that large of a negative, so they just developed it and mailed it back to me. So now I have a roll of developed film and no way to get them onto my computer. Suggestions? I really don't want to buy my own scanner because this is just a novelty thing for me. Who could I get to scan these onto a disc for me at a reasonable price? They said they could scan them but it would be ~$18 per frame scanned and that is just a bit steep if you ask me.

Most reactions

Back