Quick Question...The Better Lens?!

SCHNOOBS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
debating on which lens I should buy, though only a few characteristics are defferent from the lenses.
A 105mm F/2.0 AF DC (Defocus Control)
-or-
a 105mm f/2.8 ED-IF AFS VR (Vibration Reduction)

Input Please?

Depends on what you intend to use it mostly for. The DC for portraits, the Macro/Micro for close-up work. Both are great lenses, tack sharp.

Depends on what you intend to use it mostly for. The DC for portraits, the Macro/Micro for close-up work. Both are great lenses, tack sharp.

I guess it's is a debate upon the F/stop.
though for the lenses use, it would be intended for potrait and macro as you said.

-jordan

You want to do both with it?

Then definitely get a Macro. You can do portraits with a macro lens...but try doing macro with a portrait lens...ahah. Doesn't work that well.

Sideburns is correct. My 100mm Macro lens does great portraits because it is a prime lens. However, my 50mm Prime does shat for Micro because it is not a micro lens. Micro goes both ways, regular lenses do not. Get the Micro even if you're not planning on doing a lot of Micro...you'll find yourself wanting to.

I have the 105mm f/2.8 ED-IF AFS VR and it is awesome. Great color, great contrast, very sharp. Check my sig for my deviant page, it has some photos I shot with the lens.

If you shoot portraits, get the DC, if you do macro, get the VR.

It's that simple, these are two lenses, meant for two different uses!!!!!!!

GAH! WHY DO PEOPLE OVER-COMPLICATE EVERYTHING!!!!:madmad:

They think about it too much.

:hug:: You're clearly a little shy of your hug quota for the day. Relax, take it easy, let people over complicate themselves, grab a beer, and watch some kittens on the internet. :hug::

LOL

uglycat1.jpg

Most reactions

Back