"Quick release clamp questions"

Ted Evans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have one tripod that is used for both an Arca Swiss ball head and a Wimberley gimbal head and being lazy, I would like to mount a quick release clamp to the tripod and plates to the ball head and gimbal for quick......or, a lazy change from one platform to the other. Has anyone done this and if so, was it satisfactory? Can you see a valid reason(s) for not doing it? Thanks for your comments/suggestions.

Ted

Apparently, no one has an opinion on this subject so I decided to try it. I purchased a quick release clamp.
_DSC1671.jpg

Then I milled 3 quick release plates from 6061 T6 aluminum.

_DSC1672.jpg

Then I mounted them to a Gimbal head, a ball head, and a video head.

_DSC1673.jpg
_DSC1674.jpg
_DSC1675.jpg

Now it is very quick and easy to change heads and the gimbal and ball heads work without a hitch with any of the gear that I have, the heaviest being a D7100 with the Tamron 150-600 in a Wimberly head. Now, I am much more inclined to use the tripod when I have the wrong head that I need on it. Well worth the time spent in the shop.

Well look at you!

Not only did you answer your own question, but you made it work! Looks great!

Of course, my milling machine is buried under that huge pile of money in the other room, or I would have done it first.

Well look at you!

Not only did you answer your own question, but you made it work! Looks great!

Of course, my milling machine is buried under that huge pile of money in the other room, or I would have done it first.

There you go.....I do not have enough money to cover the switch on my mill so it is always accessible. The mill is left over from when I was doing a little gunsmithing and reloading tools. The last few years it was used mostly for building/modifying woodworking tools.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back