No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Feb 6, 2015
- Reaction score
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have experience converting a Manfrotto ball head (or similar) to Arca? It seems simple enough and there are many options available, with price tags that span the gamut. I actually really like Manfrotto's RC2 quick release system, and am only switching to accommodate an L bracket with built-in Arca plates.
- ProMediaGear sells a clamp that seems pretty popular for about $40, that is specifically marketed as being a replacement for the clamp on my 054 ball head, and it's a brand I've heard of.
- Someone recommended this clamp from Wimberly that looks pretty solid, but at roughly twice the price.
- My local camera shop sells this one from ProMaster that I'm sure is fine, but I've never heard of that brand and can't find much information elsewhere.
- Then there are a handful that were mentioned in various message board posts from companies I am not familiar with, such as Hejnar, FLM, Haoge, as well as a bunch of generic ones that probably came out of the same factory, such as Sunwayfoto, Desmond, and Neewer.
- At a higher price point, Really Right Stuff has a lever release clamp that looks like a great option, since the lever makes the quick release mechanism actually quick release instead of having to tighten a screw, and it's from a pretty reputable brand too. However I don't know that it's worth 3x the price of a more affordable option, and I wonder if I would be better off using a more expensive RRS L-bracket to ensure a snug fit.