quick shots...wife at hoover dam

I think that the way her hair is hanging is conflicting and confusing. It looks like it was shot in portrait mode then rotated so the words were in a familiar orientation, but I dunno- it doesn't work for me. I like #2 but would do a little less vignette.

I think that the way her hair is hanging is conflicting and confusing. It looks like it was shot in portrait mode then rotated so the words were in a familiar orientation, .

Which makes it AWESOME. This shot is SO confusing and jarring. I absolutely love it.

Wow, it looks like the new bridge is about done. lol Maybe it has been done. It's been 2 or 3 years since I was there.
I like #2 minus the light poll in the middle of the background....:sexywink:

I think that the way her hair is hanging is conflicting and confusing. It looks like it was shot in portrait mode then rotated so the words were in a familiar orientation, .

Which makes it AWESOME. This shot is SO confusing and jarring. I absolutely love it.

Wow, thanks! honestly, it was shot just as it appears, i was on my tip toes and it took forever to get something w enough of the damn to make an impact lol! ill admit it isnt by the book composition wise though rules were meant to be broken right?

as for shot 2 argh never noticed the light pole now it bothers me lol..i was still editing in picnik and picasa3 here, now im learning lightroom.

yes the bridge is done, but you could still drive on the damn when we went so im not sure how long that will go on for

thanks again for the feedback

Great subjects, but not loving the compositions. Especially in the second one, everything conspires to lead the viewer to the right and I end up looking at the light placed in the middle of the arch then getting drawn into the aerial perspective of the background.

don't worry about the light pole. don't sweat that small stuff.
Once you start down that path...where do you stop....ok start with the light pole...then the flare spot in the middle of the bridge....oh there are power lines in the sky...while we are at it those yellow traffic guide posts in the road kind of bug me also....while you are at it should probably get rid of the flare spot in the middle at the bottom of the frame...

Or you could just leave it how it is....a nicely set up shot of an attractive lady in a cool location. Appreciate the shot for what it is.

Don't let that little stuff drive you nuts.

I'm cloning that lihjt pole out tonight...grrr..lolThanks for the feedback!

don't worry about the light pole. don't sweat that small stuff.
Once you start down that path...where do you stop....ok start with the light pole...then the flare spot in the middle of the bridge....oh there are power lines in the sky...while we are at it those yellow traffic guide posts in the road kind of bug me also....while you are at it should probably get rid of the flare spot in the middle at the bottom of the frame...

Or you could just leave it how it is....a nicely set up shot of an attractive lady in a cool location. Appreciate the shot for what it is.

Don't let that little stuff drive you nuts.

The intention was not to take out the light pole but to rethink the composition so the viewers don't end up there. It all depends on whether the image is a snap shot of person, place and time or whether the goal of posting is to improve future image taking. For most people posting here, I think we want to improve our image capture skills.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back