Quick!

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm bidding on a Canon 550EX speedlite on ebay.

What are these things really worth used?

Hmm...then it would be cheaper to buy one from england and get it shipped to my mum to ship to me.

Hmm...the one's I've bid on are gonna cost me $300 Canadian. $260 US.

bace said:
Hmm...then it would be cheaper to buy one from england and get it shipped to my mum to ship to me.

Hmm...the one's I've bid on are gonna cost me $300 Canadian. $260 US.

If it's not urgent put a few in your watch list & see what they go for.

Compare the prices to e-bay.co.uk. It seems that sometimes these things slip through the net and go for silly cheap prices!

The watch list idea is a really good one. All the bargains I've got have been done at the very last minute on items. The worst thing you can do is bid on an item at the start - it adds interest and value to the auction. Watch it, wait until it ends and start chucking the bids in at the very last minute.

Rob

What is your top bid you're prepared to place on new and second hand?

Watch all the auctions for the flash & just place your max bid in the last 20 seconds. If you're looking for a real bargain you'll lose loads of auctions but there is the chance you get a good deal in the end! :lol:

Use a sniper ;)

Auctionstealer.com gives you 3 free transactions per month. You just tell it what your maximum bid is and forget about it. It throws out the whole bid within the last 20 seconds of the auction. You still only pay the amount of the highest bid :)

When it's all over, they send you an email telling you if you won or not.

With 2 or 3 auctions ending per day that'd not really going to help unless you pay for a sniper, & then you have to take that cost off your bid price to still get a good deal. Snipers work if you're looking for high value items or just bidding when you feel like it. (as opposed to "shopping")

You stand to miss out on more bargains than if you were watching them!

Damn this ebay thing. I'm gonna be stalking these things like crazy.

Does anyone know of any stores like B+H that accept paypal?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back