Quiet Evening

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to this spot near the Brooklyn side of the Manhattan bridge very often. Sometimes I bring my camera and tripod, but most of the time just my track bike. The place is very quiet, people aren't loud, they just sit there to enjoy the scene. And the neighborhood is very quiet as well, not even distant clamors of huge crowds. It wasn't Manhattan.

2114860334_6eb0a9fa08_o.jpg

Critiques are welcome.

Very nice , It looks inviting, I would like to hang out there !!!

man, thats a lot of lights...

Stunning, I am there in 3 weeks time, I hope to get some good shots.....
Thanks for the comment appreciate it.

Not sure if you'll get some nice sunset/sunrise shots, because the weather isn't so great lately. But night scenes will always be lovely in NYC.

Very nice , It looks inviting, I would like to hang out there !!!

man, thats a lot of lights...
Thanks.

The lights are great in the Manhattan side, and you can even see the cars speeding on the highway.

I would probbably try a different crop, the huge vertical pillars of the bridge are kinda bothersome when they're right in the middle of the pic, they make the composition feel kinda heavy.
The lights are very nice, even if it's just a tad too sweet and romantic for my liking. Your pics would make for great postcards (even if I don't like postcardesque pics, that was intended as a compliment).

I would probbably try a different crop, the huge vertical pillars of the bridge are kinda bothersome when they're right in the middle of the pic, they make the composition feel kinda heavy.
The lights are very nice, even if it's just a tad too sweet and romantic for my liking. Your pics would make for great postcards (even if I don't like postcardesque pics, that was intended as a compliment).
Thanks for the critique.

You are right about the pillar being in the dead center, it would've work much better had I shift the view more to the right.

I'm not exactly insulted by the postcard comment, and they're perfectly accurate and appropriate for these shots, because no actual composition is involved except framing. I like to think composition more in terms of expressing meaning than making a good looking picture.

And I don't like post-card pics as well (most of them anyway). :lol:

awesome shot.

This make virginia beach look so boring, which it is during the winter time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back