Raccoon Snack Time

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This little bit of trouble is one of two youngsters we had hanging around here after Momma went awol, his partner in crime didn't make it through the winter, we found him this spring.

He makes rounds here twice a night but his first visit is coming earlier and earlier. Tonight I saw him from inside at sunset time, I took the first shot inside then went out to get some without glass. I got a couple shots of him before Miss Emily got home from work and scared him away till his later visit.

I know this is totally useless C&C, but I'm going to say it anyways, "OMG look at his little round nose! Squeak!!"

That's perfect C&C :) I was rockin the ISO with low shutter speed so they aren't brilliant and could use a bit more light but damn he's adorable!

Oops, I missed a folder! When I first went out he went and sat in one of the chairs, I flashed him and felt bad doing it lol but awwww.
The second one is after I flashed him and he said to heck with "hiding" and hauled himself back up on the railing.

Aww, so cute! I find they often come early in the spring if they are a momma. They come early and eat and then return later with their babies. It was so sad, last June my resident raccoon, a huge beautiful female [almost silver color so very recognizable] that had been eating here for about 10 years, got shot by a "rabid" neighbor who saw her one afternoon. She swore that Rocky had to be rabid if it was out in daylight and also noted it was not very scary so it "HAD" to be sick. Rocky had gotten so tame she used to eat with my cats while I sat at a table not three feet away. The one time I had forgotten to refill Rocky's food box that day and so she wandered out front to look around. The neighbor's dog saw her, chased her and when she turned to defend herself by simply standing on her hind feet, the neighbor said she had "attacked" her dog who by the way didn't have a scracth on him! They set a trap that night and I cried when I heard the gunshots the following morning. Not only did Rocky lose her life but her babies probably died too when she didn't return. I should note, similar to you, I also live in a rural area where wildlife abounds. Sorry - didn't mean to get carried away. Love the photos.

Thanks Timothy :) he is quite the brave curious little guy! There is another one that has started coming around and he is way less brave than this one, its cool to see the difference in "personality" between the two.

Aw Carol what a sad story :( neighbours like that should be shot in the arse themselves, I understand keeping populations of rodents and critters that can be detrimental to a farm etc... in check but in our case and sounds like yours also... both critter and human need to figure it out and live together, we both belong.

Such cute little devils... Emphasis on devils. Lol

Such cute little devils... Emphasis on devils. Lol

Lol! They are cute in a "I got my eye on you and teeth and claws that I'm not afraid to use if necessary" kinda way lol
We have a hands off policy here with any critter other than a bird, unfortunately the dog didn't listen last year when Momma went missing and brought this guy up to the house and hung out with him so he is even less afraid than normal. I'll post a pic of that in a few!

Look who I found Mom, can we keep him!?!?

Wow that's seriously messed up. Lol

Friends of ours years ago took in a group of abandoned babies and raised them ... It was pretty wild. Literally. They're crazy smart little buggers.

First pic with the dog =

Last edited by a moderator:
You wouldn't think they were so cute If they destroyed a thousand dollars worth of water plants trying to catch the goldfish in your pond. That being said they are photogenic little buggers!

You wouldn't think they were so cute If they destroyed a thousand dollars worth of water plants trying to catch the goldfish in your pond. That being said they are photogenic little buggers!

I repeat: devils

Most reactions

Back