Racing's best kept secret

motorshooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My artical hits the news stands Tuesday morning inside the pages of Corvette Enthusiast Magazine. Feb 2009 issue

Not alot of images in the artical this time, but it did net me a few extra $K for the extra words in the story line.

A word to the young ones out there, if you're trying to get your photographic work into magazines....learn to write....WELL You'll get more work and you'll pick up more $$$$

Editor's want to get the job done and come in under budget, the only way they can do that is to hire a photojournalist to do it..............not just a camera guy:(
317948611.jpg

There are few good shooters on here that I would like to see more of...IN PRINT!!...get out there and shoot!!!

See you at the track:mrgreen:

Last edited:
No ouch for me....but only 7 images used in a five page story....The magazine could have picked a few of the better ones, I submitted 20 total:lol:

thats awesome.. but.. i suck at righting so.. ill stick to just photogin it up =].. btw sick shot

Hahaha.. Ok ok you guys are cracking me up with the grammar and spelling stuff..
*sigh* Thats why magazines have editors.. No.. wait.. They don't do a good job editing either. Soo, everyone gets to look like a moron, even the professional authors.
Great shot motor. Shooting motor sports is fun! I would love to get some of my diesel truck shots into a magazine, but I'm not sure how I will do it.

EXcellent shot!! The colours are great!!

Congrats on the article. POst a link to it if it goes online!!

Do you have to have a relationship with the mag to be able to submit work? Or can someone like me just go to a event get a few shots and put together a story and package it and send it off to any mag that I think could use it?

I'm sure they used the ones you like the least lol. Good shot and I like to see a scan when it comes out.

Do you have to have a relationship with the mag to be able to submit work? Or can someone like me just go to a event get a few shots and put together a story and package it and send it off to any mag that I think could use it?

I'm sure they used the ones you like the least lol. Good shot and I like to see a scan when it comes out.

Yes, you need to have a relationship with the magazine or news organization that you are shooting for.

The magazine you are working with will secure your credentials for you at the track. If you don’t have photo credentials you won’t be allowed access to where the photographers shoot from IE: the pits, pit road, team area, garage area, the paddock, the armco barriers, victory lane and so on.

I don’t know of any magazines, newspapers or web sites that accept unsolicited work. Each has their own high standards and journalistic reputation to uphold and they are not willing to take the risk of undocumented work from an undocumented or non accredited source.

I met my contact for the Associated Press when I was in my photojournalism class in college. I approached him after his lecture to my class, we talked for awhile and he was able to get to know me and what I was interested in. Two weeks later I was granted an interview….and it’s been all down hill since then…LOL!!!

One contact leads to another as more people view your work in the public media; I shoot for magazines and my clients because they have viewed my work and know my reputation for getting the assignment completed on time.

If you’re looking to go professional, get yourself in school and also make contacts at your local paper, you’ll most likely have to shoot for free if you’re not on staff or become a stringer. You’ll make some contacts in the news arena and they’ll lead to better and higher paying assignments, be prepared for a lot of long tedious assignments that have absolutely nothing in common to what you like to shoot. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

318 views on this post:wink:...I hope some of you are taking away some good information:thumbup::thumbup:;)

I am soaking it all up. Just need to be a little more proficient and active with my camera. Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back