What's new

"Racist Camera! No, I did not blink... I'm just Asian!"

I had to laugh... Nikon being a Japanese company produces a camera that can't properly face detect Asians? LOL
 
Very interesting. I think I would have tested the warning a little more before releasing it!
 
Did you read about the face detection not working for the black guy? lmao!
 
Did you read about the face detection not working for the black guy? lmao!
Yeah, that was pretty bad too. The camera just ignored him. How frustrating that would be.
 
It is quite humorous. I often wonder if people really think about what they are saying.
 
If you get a chance, look at the comments on the youtube video. People are hilarious
 
Last edited:
There is irony in the fact that a Japanese company would develop a camera that has a hard time with Asian facial features. However, the US is THE consumer nation.

The black guy really cracked me up!
 
Did you read about the face detection not working for the black guy? lmao!
If I recall correctly they were pointing that camera at a mirror and it was messing with the sensor.
 
Also, in the case of the black guy, he and his coworker were in some horribly backlit warehouse (at least in the video I remember seeing). Their faces were in dark shadows, but the camera could still pick up enough detail to find the white coworker's face. If it had been the opposite situation, with the blinding lights in front of them rather than behind, it's likely the reverse situation would happen - the camera would be able to detect the black man, but the white woman would look terribly blown-out and the camera probably wouldn't detect her. I don't get what the big deal is - this face detection stuff is meant to be used with ideal lighting, and if it isn't for whatever reason (either too bright or too dark), don't be upset if it can't find your face.

That Nikon thing though, that's just pretty funny and ironic. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom