Radiohead Lovers

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Just curious how many of you guys really like Radiohead? And for those of you who do, what other bands to you listen to?

I'm a HUGE Radiohead fan (I have like ten or twelve of their albums), and I have super eclectic taste in music. But along the same vague lines as Radiohead, I really like Modest Mouse, early Coldplay stuff, Travis, Pearl Jam, and select Muse songs.

I'm a HUGE Radiohead fan
I'm shocked. Shocked that you were able to post this because I would have thought you'd have blown your head off as you typed.

Radio head, music to shoot yourself by...

I'm not a fan. :mrgreen:

ferny said:
I'm shocked. Shocked that you were able to post this because I would have thought you'd have blown your head off as you typed.

Radio head, music to shoot yourself by...

I'm not a fan. :mrgreen:

lol what are you talking about! Their stuff isn't very depressing at ALL! It's most definitely "Radiohead, music to enjoy whilst on shrooms", but definitely not suicide music. You must be thinking of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds! :p

Oh, and by the way, I most definitely don't do drugs, but shrooms + Radiohead is a pretty popular thing to do at the college I go to, unfortunately.

I like older Radiohead - love their early work, actually. :thumbup: I've always liked Pearl Jam, too. Hard to argue with Eddie Vedder's vocals, and the fabulous musicianship of that band.

If you dig Radiohead, you owe it to yourself to check out Supergrass. Trust me there. Start early and work your way along. You can thank me later. :mrgreen: Acutally I think SG opened for Radiohead on their last US tour.

Sounds good, I'll definitely look up Supergrass!

I find it really funny how Radiohead started the wave of music that sounds like them coming out of Britain... and just as it all came out and everyone loved them because they "sounded like Radiohead", they released KidA. :mrgreen:

Verbal said:
Sounds good, I'll definitely look up Supergrass!

I find it really funny how Radiohead started the wave of music that sounds like them coming out of Britain... and just as it all came out and everyone loved them because they "sounded like Radiohead", they released KidA. :mrgreen:
Yep. I think "keep 'em guessing" has been their motto ever since. :lol:

You ought to be pleasantly surprised and very happy once you've discovered SG. They have a unique sound, and are excellent musicians, but sometimes they seem to be channeling Radiohead - and conversely, there are a couple Radiohead songs where I'd swear they were channeling Supergrass! :D You'll see. ;)

There's a place where the strange ones go,
Where nobody here could know,
They look down from the clouds and smile at,
Everyone down below,
There's a place where the strange ones go,
Where nobody here could know,
They look down from the underground,
At everyone down below.

Thanks, terri. Now I need a Supergrass fix. :grumpy:

:mrgreen:

When you look out at night, you are surrounded by people
Cracked in the heat again, dead on their feet again people
Rings all around their eyes, flashing their whitest lies
Taking their medicine ’til they’re all out of time people ....people

muahahahaha..... :twisted:

Got a low, low feeling around me,
And a stone cold feeling inside,
And I just can't stop messing my mind up,
Or wasting my time,

There's a mow, low feeling around me,
And a stone cold feeling inside,
I've got to find somebody to help me,
I keep you in mind.

:badangel:

I've always loved 'My Iron Lung' by Radiohead, awesome song. :)

Pearl Jam is one of my all time fave bands, i've got 3 of their albums. :D

Hey Jon I don't mind a bit of Muse myself either! ;)

RADIOHEAD IS AMAZING. They're pretty much the only reason that I stay sane. I don't what I would do if I couldn't pop in a cd and relax.

Here's another fan. :thumbup:
Haven't got al their albums yet, But I really like what I've got so far.

I also like Modest Mouse, Coldplay (a lot) and Muse. But my favourite band must be Counting Crows, they're the best band ever ever, especially live.
some other bands/artists I really appreciate:
Jack Johnson
Starsailor
Athlete
José González (he's in that new 'sony bravia' ad)
Saybia
The White Stripes
.. the list goes on

José González (he's in that new 'sony bravia' ad)

I really like that song. Is he good?

My brother was a big radiohead fan and still likes them so I've ehard all their albums.

Rob said:
Radiohead depresses me, but I like their tunes. That plastic tree number was quite good.
That's one of the most depressing songs ever written, period! But very spartan and lovely. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back