Radiohead Lovers

terri said:
That's one of the most depressing songs ever written, period! But very spartan and lovely. :thumbup:

Oh come now, it's not that bad! You must not have heard ANY Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds... check out the Murder Ballads album. THAT will depress you... it makes Radiohead seem like Disneyland music.

Verbal said:
Oh come now, it's not that bad! You must not have heard ANY Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds... check out the Murder Ballads album. THAT will depress you... it makes Radiohead seem like Disneyland music.
I can only take massive, head-in-hands, love-fails-every-time kinda lyrics in tiny little doses, thanks. :mrgreen: I like stirring music of all kinds, but I have to be in the right mood for some of it, or I'd be ready to eat a gun. :sillysmi:

Daniel said:
I really like that song. Is he good?

Well, if you like that song, I'm quite sure you're going to like other songs of him. His music is all very simplistic. Just him, and a guitar (or two). I can always really appriciate it, when someone can make great music with very little means.

*listens to Radiohead at this very moment* I magicly popped up in my random playlist.. well, okay, maybe I put it in there.

ferny said:
I'm shocked. Shocked that you were able to post this because I would have thought you'd have blown your head off as you typed.

Radio head, music to shoot yourself by...

I'm not a fan. :mrgreen:

WURD!! i hate that whiny/ the world hates me cuz i look like martin short stuff...and PLEASE PLASE DONT PUT SUPERGRASS AND RADIOHEAD INT HE SAME CATAGORY. Supergrass is awesome...I got all their stuff- Road to Rouen is freaking awesome, i just wish i could find more live stuff...

radiohead blows chunks and I'd rather watch snails BBQ a racoon than hear anymore of it. Trust me I've tried listening to them but they make my brain melt and it hurts so bad. What do they call that dude...lizard eye?

FAN or not...read this (Ferny will really like it). It's too funny! http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1759

was that mean?

Any Blur fans in da house? I love me some Blur.

mygrain said:
WURD!! i hate that whiny/ the world hates me cuz i look like martin short stuff...and PLEASE PLASE DONT PUT SUPERGRASS AND RADIOHEAD INT HE SAME CATAGORY. Supergrass is awesome...I got all their stuff- Road to Rouen is freaking awesome, i just wish i could find more live stuff...

radiohead blows chunks and I'd rather watch snails BBQ a racoon than hear anymore of it. Trust me I've tried listening to them but they make my brain melt and it hurts so bad. What do they call that dude...lizard eye?

FAN or not...read this (Ferny will really like it). It's too funny! http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1759

was that mean?

Harsh! Keep in mind that it's all an opinion, not fact. And it just so happens that many many many MANY musicians and music lovers the world over agree that Radiohead is pretty much the best rock band in existence. ;)

Geez, that link is harsh too. I hope you don't seriously agree with that... I'm a musician in every sense of the word, and when I first heard Radiohead I didn't know ANYONE who liked them. But I fell in love with them because it impressed the HECK out of me! You CANNOT deny that their guitarist(s) are amazingly innovative and skilled, the songwriting skills are incredible, and Thom has an a freaking amazing voice. He can do anything with it, it's incredible.

Verbal said:
Harsh! Keep in mind that it's all an opinion, not fact. And it just so happens that many many many MANY musicians and music lovers the world over agree that Radiohead is pretty much the best rock band in existence. ;)
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Harsh indeed. okay...and those "musicians" agreeing are all opinions too. ;) I probably don't like their music either.:lmao:

Dude you have no idea how much Radiohead I have been subjected to. My GF forces them on me all the time...I would love to like the music...okay they are good musicians but that Thom dude needs to stop singing. His voice is really aggravating.

Verbal said:
Geez, that link is harsh too. I hope you don't seriously agree with that... I'm a musician in every sense of the word, and when I first heard Radiohead I didn't know ANYONE who liked them. But I fell in love with them because it impressed the HECK out of me! You CANNOT deny that their guitarist(s) are amazingly innovative and skilled, the songwriting skills are incredible, and Thom has an a freaking amazing voice. He can do anything with it, it's incredible.

Actually I found the article very spiritually uplifting...I thought my People's Front to Stop That Radiohead Dude From Singing(the PFTSTRDFS) was a wash!;) Sorry to wrag on them so hard V. I'm not a very nice person...ask anyone here.:mrgreen:

mygrain said:
WURD!! i hate that whiny/ the world hates me cuz i look like martin short stuff...and PLEASE PLASE DONT PUT SUPERGRASS AND RADIOHEAD INT HE SAME CATAOORY. Supergrass is awesome...I got all their stuff- Road to Rouen is freaking awesome, i just wish i could find more live stuff...

was that mean?

:lmao: Okay, that was funny. I can even agree with some of it, cause really, the first 2 Radiohead records are the ones I think of when I think of Radiohead as a noteworthy band.

And when I compare Radiohead to Supergrass, I mean it. You need to cover your eyes and open your ears and listen to "How Do You" from Pablo Honey and TELL me that ain't got the SG texture and sound - of that place in time, ok? I would of course agree that SG continues to mature, whereas RH has dropped off the radar for me. But I will give the nod when they WERE on the same page, musically.

And that gorgeous guitar solo in "Blow Out" is a crashing wall of great sound. I will take my hat off to any band that can put together a few measures like that. :salute: And "Ripcord" is just a good, fundamentally sound rock song. Deal with it. :mrgreen:

There're tons of great moments on "The Bends", as well. Very few bad moments. I don't like "Fake Plastic Trees", for example. But "Nice Dream", "Just".....woo, that's good listening.

Okay, I'm done.

AND - I have tickets for SG when they come here in February. :cheer: Can't wait!!!

terri said:
AND - I have tickets for SG when they come here in February. :cheer: Can't wait!!!

Huh!?! SG is coming to Atlanta!!!! OMG!! that's only like 6hrs away!!! hrmmmmm.......... maybe I will see you there.

mygrain said:
Huh!?! SG is coming to Atlanta!!!! OMG!! that's only like 6hrs away!!! hrmmmmm.......... maybe I will see you there.
We'll party. :thumbup:

They're playing at someplace called "The Loft", a venue I've not been to before. Gen Adm, it's gonna be a trip!:D

Well if it happens for me, I will absolutely let you know Im heading yer way. Now I just have to beg the GF to go see them...she doesn't really like them. LOL!

mygrain said:
Well if it happens for me, I will absolutely let you know Im heading yer way. Now I just have to beg the GF to go see them...she doesn't really like them. LOL!
She likes RH but not SG...? :scratch: Dump her..... muahahaha. ;) See, my husband detests RH, but we are in full agreement that SG rocks. :lol:

mygrain said:

was that mean?

:lol:
You Charmless Man, you. ;)
Yup, Blur fan to. :)

I'll read that link later. FAR too much text for me at this early hour (10am) :mrgreen:

So... Do I get to come to Atlanta to? ;)

Most reactions

Back