Rainbow....in IR

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was trying to capture some lightning. But since it was still light here, i couldnt get good shutterspeeds (way to fast). So i thought it might be cool to try and shoot with the IR filter on. And then a rainbow apeared. Might as well try and shoot that in IR.
It isnt totally fantastic, but still pretty cool you can shoot a rainbow in IR. Might open some doors for people :)
Here is the normal shot:
InfraRoodKleur065.jpg

And the IR version:
InfraRoodKleur064.jpg

Didnt get the lightning though. Ah well, maybe next time :)
Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Very interesting to see that the rainbow is most visible outside of the red side of the spectrum, exactly where you would expect to see heat radiation, did it change its position between shots or is the difference totally because of the spectrum shift?

tim

There was like a minute between the 2 shots. First made the IR, then thought i might as well make a normal one for comparisation. So the rainbow moved a little.
And i knew the colors would not get through in the IR shot, it was more of an experiment then a good well thought shot :)

very odd, in the UK we have a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, whereas in Dutchland ;-) you have a chimney pot

BTW

I do like the IR version, its a very different kind of rainbow shot

Interesting to see the extra bands also with seperation between them. Nice idea :)

i wish there was gold in that chimney, i would demolish my neighbours one in an instant.
When i looked at it later on, i saw a very very light second rainbow in the top-left corner (hard to see though). You can see it in both pictures.

Most reactions

Back