vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I am bit of a nutter about rainbows (i'm the guy who gets out of the car and stops traffic to take pictures), so I'd love so see your rainbow pics! Here are a few of mine... but hope fully this thread can continue with a few of YOUR pics ;)

Matamata Rainbow

matamata-rainbow.jpg

Ninety Mile Beach Rainbow partial rainbow

90mile_big.jpg

Corromadel Rainbow(yeppers, that's may car)
markCar_big.jpg

Mahogany Dunes Rainbow, Victoria Australia

rainbow.jpg

look forward to your rainbows :)

yeah, when i lived in the states i just saw them once a blue moon. In New Zealand (and when i visit aussie) I see them all the time. I wonder why that is?

Beautiful shots, Mark! I am especially in awe of the last one, in front of the dunes. Gorgeous, and the composition is just wonderful!

I don't have any rainbow shots on hand, but as you know we DO get them in Georgia sometimes, on those weird afternoon thunderstorm kinda days, when the sun is shining through the rain....I'll try to make a capture for this thread! :)

thanks terri!

yeah, i remember a few of those rainbows in georgia :)

The last one is actually the most favourite pic i ever took. I was alone on the dunes in australia and i saw the rainbow... but my camera only had black and white film in it. I was about to despair - I don't think a rainbow would look too good in b&w!

I then remembered that i had a cheap disposable camera in my backpack. I took the shot and prayed that it would turn out!

Wow again! Here's to cheap disposable cameras in the nick of time! :cheer:

But remember, even if you didn't have it, you ALWAYS take the shot....and forward it to your friendly neighborhood (Georgia is a neighborhood right outside of NZ, isn't it??) hand-colorist, who can do wonderful things with photo oils to a B&W image.... :wink:

But in this case, I think you did just fine with the disposable!!

My dad wanted me to post this photo, he took it when he was visiting the Bay of Islands on the North Island of NZ. Wish I could take credit for it -well he did use MY camera ;)!

bayofislands.jpg

Gorgeous shot from Dad. These rainbows don't even look real, which is a fine and dandy thing in my book! Amazing.

whatsafrog2do said:
Nice pictures. Too bad rainbows never frequent my side of the world. :cry: Or maybe I just don't see them.

Rainbows happen over here all the time. :0) Your about an hour and a half away from a permanent waterfall over by Niagara Falls. :0) When ever it rains, keep an eye open and when the rain is almost over, the waterfalls are usaully near by. :0).

wow jeff that is a gorgeous rainbow. I think you've framed that shot beautifullly! thanks for contributing to this thread!

The colour reminds of how the florida sky looks like after a storm. Fantastic shot! :D

Most reactions

Back