What's new

Raise the bridge.....!!

PNA

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
7
Location
Wave when you see me go by.....
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While repairs to the Bridge of Lions in St. Augustine continue, the schooner sails under the temporary lift bridge as traffic waits.



7985-SchoonerUndertheBridgeTPF.jpg
 
:biglaugh: "And hurry!!"

Is the schooner under motor as well? Would hate to have to steer under sail alone in a narrow channel.

I love the sight of a schooner under sail. Nice pic, thanks for sharing
 
Would like to see more of the sail boat, but I don't see how that would have been possible. Nice capture.
 
Is it the St. Augustine in Florida?
I have been there. I may have seen the bridge. Long before it went under repair, though, since it was back in 1995.
 
nice combination of modern and old technology!

but i also would like to see more of the boat than just its sails :)
 
:biglaugh: "And hurry!!"

Is the schooner under motor as well? Would hate to have to steer under sail alone in a narrow channel.

I love the sight of a schooner under sail. Nice pic, thanks for sharing


Thanks......I'm sure it was motoring.


Would like to see more of the sail boat, but I don't see how that would have been possible. Nice capture.


Thanks....It's possible since it came out the other side of the bridge.;)


Is it the St. Augustine in Florida?
I have been there. I may have seen the bridge. Long before it went under repair, though, since it was back in 1995.


Yes, in Florida....trust you enjoyed your visit. There was an issue concerning the demolishing of the Lions bridge, but more sensible heads prevailed.



nice combination of modern and old technology!

but i also would like to see more of the boat than just its sails :)


Thanks....I started and new thread....

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1299609#post1299609
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom