TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1. Sunset in Singapore
SunsetinSingapore.jpg

2. Pigeon Point Lighthouse
CoastLighthouse.jpg

3. View from the Eye
Eye.jpg

Um... not sure if no comments means y'all think they stink or what. Either way I'd benefit from hearing feedback.

Thanks!

I think I like the second of these three. The first doesn't really work for me, I just hate the boring weather and the grey skies so I guess that's could be just me. The picture is also very grainy which makes it less nice to look at. Its a good idea though!
I like the view in the third, but it's not very special I think lots and lots of people have taken the same picture. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback. Of all of them, the lighthouse was my least favorite since it's just a few miles from my house and isn't particularly exciting to me. By comparison, the London Eye was very cool for me because I don't travel to the UK much, or to Singapore for that matter. I was actually most proud of the first one (in Singapore), but I guess I'm just weird and like drab weather pictures. :) To me, pictures like that one evoke more or a response because it reflects a certain mood.

Again, thanks for your opinion.

(before i begin) all the below is only my opinion

no.1
- did you use a tripod, i'm guessing no, and i think the photo would have benefitted from a steadier base (a handy wall/plant pot/table can always do): even the stationary parts of the frame look a bit blurred. But it has great potential.

no.2
ah yes i know that feeling of: its too familiar to look good... get over it, you have a lovely photo! ;)
- nice composition
- and perspective
- very little background distraction
- and the simple colours compliment each other very well

no.3
there's too much going on...
the carraige in the corner would work against the sky,
the HoP and beyond would work well without the modern architecture in the shot,
but - the most striking element of the photo is the "eye's" cable tray. Not so good, but having gone round the eye i know how difficult it is to take a picture out the pods. Never mind trying to enjoy the eperience at the same time!

hope that's of some use,

(before i begin) all the below is only my opinion

no.1
- did you use a tripod, i'm guessing no, and i think the photo would have benefitted from a steadier base (a handy wall/plant pot/table can always do): even the stationary parts of the frame look a bit blurred. But it has great potential.

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't see it until today, otherwise I would have replied sooner.

I was waiting for a table in an outdoor eating area with my sister, brother in law, nieces, wife, and father. Snapped this as the sun was going down, no tripod, so I turned off the flash and held it as steady as I could.

This photo gets mixed reactions. Many hate it, others like it. Some folks hate grainy and slightly blurry, so they definitely won't like this one. I like the texture of it... in this case grainy and a little blurry conveys something I like, which is the (accurate) wet and dreary feel of the day.

Having said that, the tripod suggestions are good, and appreciated.

no.2
ah yes i know that feeling of: its too familiar to look good... get over it, you have a lovely photo! ;)
- nice composition
- and perspective
- very little background distraction
- and the simple colours compliment each other very well

Thanks!

no.3
there's too much going on...
the carraige in the corner would work against the sky,
the HoP and beyond would work well without the modern architecture in the shot,
but - the most striking element of the photo is the "eye's" cable tray. Not so good, but having gone round the eye i know how difficult it is to take a picture out the pods. Never mind trying to enjoy the eperience at the same time!

hope that's of some use,

Thanks for the feedback on this one, too.

Most reactions

Back