Random baseball comments '07'

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
YAY!!!

Andy Pettite did awsome for 2 innings pitched.

In the first game Wang was smoking awesome!!!

Theres 2 pitchers we can count on so far.

Figures:

Arod sucks balls still.

Jesus! get rid of him ASAP

DAMN!!!

Matsuzaka looks really freaking good.

GOD!!!

Why didnt the Yankees bid higher for Matsuzaka.

YAY!!!

Boston 0 for 2 this spring training

YAY!!!

Yankees are 2 and 0 for spring training

Question:

Whats up with the Bernie situation?

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE REGULAR SEASON TO START!!!

What was that quote I used to have in my sig once upon a time....something about hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax.....

:p (Go Cubs!)

Yankees fan, eh?

In an ideal world, the AL East would resort back to days of yonder...

Could not be happier to have Wells back. WIsh we still had Lilly, but no way him and Gibbons would be able to share a clubhouse for another year, and for some reason, management stuck with Gibbons.

One more Yankees fan here...well actually two more. The wife is a fan too and you can blame her for me being one :lmao:

Another great late inning HR to win the game hah!!!

I hope the regular season is as exciting as the spring training.

What was that quote I used to have in my sig once upon a time....something about hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax.....

:p (Go Cubs!)

I think the Cubs are going to do really well this year. They do have Soriano now who was probably going to be one of my favorite Yankees but damn that Arod trade!!!.

I'm a big Cubs fan. :)

...however, I spent the last three years constantly around someone that did nothing but talk about baseball and the Cubs day in and day out.....I broke up with him last fall, so I'm out of the loop. :p

Alright

briefer

The Cubs ownership has spent the equivilant portion of a small country's bank balance to finance a winning team in the notoriously weak NL Central division, where the Cardinals took a mid-80s-victories team to the World Series last season. By doing so, they look to capitalize on the situation that's presented itself, but unfortunately for them, the players they've thrown money at, while good, are nowhere near the astronomical value they've been numerically assigned (that is, except Wood). As a consequence, the team should perform well enough in the regular season, barring the regular routine of injuries to its starting rotation,
to earn a playoff berth, at which point the weaknesses inherent throughout the team will surface themselves against much improved competition. Unfortunately, despite Pinella's managerial record, it seems that this team, ont he otuside, lacks the heart the 2003 squad did, and the drought without a title will continue on into the indeterminate future.

I love baseball and have to route for the hometeam, so I can't wait to see if the new-look D'Backs are going to be able to compete this year. With the weak NL West, i certainly hope so...

I hope Webb has another Cy Young year and can get this team into the playoffs.

I've been a Braves fan ever since I was a kid...and *ahem* I hate the Yankees! *ducks*

I love baseball and have to route for the hometeam, so I can't wait to see if the new-look D'Backs are going to be able to compete this year. With the weak NL West, i certainly hope so...

I hope Webb has another Cy Young year and can get this team into the playoffs.

Right on JT! Although I wonder about RJ's re-addition, how that is going to play in the scheme of things. I hope Randy will have one more stellar year or two before retiring for good.

I'm looking to see how Scott Hairston works out this year, should be fun to watch.

The Yankees suck. Always have, always will. Its going to be rather nice to see them out of the playoffs while the Red Sox win the AL East this year.

Right on JT! Although I wonder about RJ's re-addition, how that is going to play in the scheme of things. I hope Randy will have one more stellar year or two before retiring for good.

I'm looking to see how Scott Hairston works out this year, should be fun to watch.

I think Randy's getting old and I wonder if he is going to fully recover from his back injury, but he sure is fun to watch. Last I heard, he will be 2nd in the rotation behind Webb. I think they just needed an old face around after taking so much heat for not letting Gonzo finish up his career here. If Randy looks anything like he did when he was here a few years ago, we are going to have a pretty formidable rotation... but that was the plan i think, to keep the majority of the game in the hands of the starters instead of the unpredictable, overworked bullpen like last year.

i'm looking forward to seeing how all these young guys respond... it could be an exciting year. I'd go just to watch Eric Byrnes play the outfield... I think everybody should play with that much passion, energy and disregard for their own physical safety. :lol:

Most reactions

Back