What's new

Random Rock Shot

ELDUDER

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Location
Norman, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have no idea what to call this shot, I went to the lake by my house to take some sunset shots and just stumbled across this. I actually liked the way it turned out so I figured I would share:

819284852_zXPZi-XL.jpg
 
It is a pretty cool picture, I like the detail and color of the rock.
 
I just thought it was neat cause you cant really tell that its in the water, slow shutter just smoothed everything out. I shot that handheld with 1.6 ss. I didnt think there was any way I would get it to come out that sharp.
 
Your image reminds me of the art of suiseki, finding a natural formed rock and fitting it within a handmade wood base. It must bring to mind a landscape formation of some kind, like waterfalls, mountain ranges, cliffs, etc.

Something like this

Black Ying Stone - Mountain View Suiseki

A very peaceful picture you have taken. :-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom