random stuff : rural schooling series

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone... i normally dont like posting like this.. each of these shots are at a diff school, diff region, diff situations while i was shooting village schools down south ...

kids sitting under the table while the teacher is at it...
127023463_831963a83d_o.jpg

grade 4 and 5 in one classroom! the 4th are on the floor and the 5th are sitting on the benches (erm or was it 3 and 4)
127023462_1874ed197a_o.jpg

i think this was grade 1 at another school
127023461_1bd5a01b67_o.jpg

and at a tribal school... they have no connection to roads and no vehicles go to here no phones no connection to the outside world as such... spirits were high and the kids were great! we had to take a govt jeep and permission to go here... waving a bye and i shot this from the back of the jeep
127023460_bd54ae53bb_o.jpg

not a very purty bunch of pics but yeh thanks for looking :wink: :mrgreen: :thumbup:

haha... knew you had loads in your archives you've been hiding!.... great pics mansi, i like the expression on the boy in the first shot best :thumbup: ... find some more.... ;)

The whole series is great Mansi!

not a very purty bunch of pics but yeh thanks for looking
These are very photo journalistic and each one stands on it's own :D The appearance of the photos is perfectly suited for the type of shots. Great job on everyone of the school series shots you have posted :thumbsup:

I agree with Woody the whole series has been just wonderful and these are no exception. The first shot in this group is my favorite. Excellent work as always!

I have to disagree with you on that one... they are BEAUTIFUL kids! Excellent shots as always Mansi!

Hey thanks a lot everyone...

linda
I have to disagree with you on that one... they are BEAUTIFUL kids! Excellent shots as always Mansi!
im sorry if it sounded that way... i just meant to say that they werent nice pics as such... not reffering to the subject of my photos :) they were awesome.. even though i didnt understand a word of what they said :mrgreen:

thanks a lot .. appreciate the comments :)

Great series Mansi. It's so interesting for people like me, who have never been to that part of the world, to see what daily life is like there. Every detail is of interest: what's the classroom made of, how is it set up, what goes on the walls. I just pore over your images. Keep diggin' and posting please!

These are just sooo dam good Mansi, fantastic !!! I really love the last photo, you really captured an excellent moment of happiness from them as they waved their hands to the pretty photographer whom spent the day with them. You really know how to fill the frame girl.

Your awesome Mansi !!! 8 )

Thanks antarctican - was a first for me too :D

and thank you M@ko! appreciate the comments

Quote:

not a very purty bunch of pics but yeh thanks for looking

woodsac said:
The whole series is great Mansi!

These are very photo journalistic and each one stands on it's own :D The appearance of the photos is perfectly suited for the type of shots. Great job on everyone of the school series shots you have posted :thumbsup:

mansi mansi gotta agree with jake here....purty got nuthin to do with it. yer totally out there documenting the day in the life of rural students and you can't expect every shot to be nat geo cover material (tho i must say you got your fair share of those ;) ).
I think you've done a fantastic job capturing these kids in their enviornment and i think that is basically what you were asked to do. For one of your first assignments you deserve to pat yourself on the back. :D well done and thanks so much for sharing them :thumbup:

Amazing as always Mansi. To see the other side of the world and culture, through your eyes is a really special gift you have. I can look at your pics for a long time. I found myself looking around the room that the kids are in, and to see the difference in the school is unreal. There are no ipods, or cell phones, or knapsacs filled with food. Just sooo different, but unique too.
Thanks for sharing. Excellent series.

thanks a lot boys :hugs:

well chiller... i guess the difference is very apparent.. we see the pods and phones here too... it was such a joy to be in those village schools the kids were just SO happy! :)
tx mohain and thanks jk for the pat on the back :)
appreciate the comments

hi mansi
well i must say a great set of photos u have there.....love them all....but still the winner from ur visit would be ur old post called 'Mother and Son'...from these i love the 1st one...good creative thinking....love the expression yaaa.....and yes u were there to to cover something..u dont expect to have all NAT GEO shots.....even though i did get some nice shots of that standard...mother and son again would be one of them..:p

all in all...wonderful stuff...
keep it up and keep sharing...
bye for now

thanks a lot kunal :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back