random thoughts - ghosts

julz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hm, just been thinking about this for the past week or two.
when i watching most haunted live, they always seem to ask ghosts and spirits to make a noise to let the presenters and the crew know that the spirit is there or something.

has anyone realized, that sometimes you sit in a quiet room and your tv, fridge, furniture, stuff like that makes random noises or creaks for no reason, like when they are switched off. could that be the ghosts or spirits of dead people you possible known or lived there before making it known to you that they are there...

coz i always hear stuff like that, and when i do i keep thinking tis my grandad, coz he passed away a year and a half ago and i only seem to hear them noises in my apartment in russia, and not in belfast and i heard random noises in my guardians' old house when i used to go there for the weekends when i was in boarding school

Have you seen ' The Others ' julz ?

I only ask because , if there are spirits / ghosts ..that movie lends a cool portrayal in regards to that side of things .....

( Says nothin more in case there are ppl here still yet to see it :) )

i have seen it, but not from the start, so i was a bit confused and i dont remember it much, should watch it again i guess. its just not a nice thing, if ur like at something and then there is creaks and random noises and i just feel like im being watched, its weird

Its worth a rewatch.

I have an open mind in regards to the spirit world ....

Theres most definately an immeasurable amount more in this world then our limited mortal eyes/brains can ever rationalize.

Sometimes it may be simply you feelin spooked but then there will times where your sixth sense IS picking up something.

I hope it IS your grandad :). He may very well be watching over you , hovering over the ppl he loved in his mortal life.
I feel and sense my nana a lot too ... not in the sense where I 'feel ' her suddenly or anything... Just in the overall , general sense of her watching over me and guiding me. Sometimes she and my aunty ( her daughter that passed before she did ) visit me in dreams , it hasnt happened a lot though ... I guess it happens when I just really need some sort of guidance on something going on in my life at the time.
And the dreams never feel like ya standard sorts of dreams. Its usually just them and myself , standing in open white space and we embrace and they tell me something ( sometimes I wake up and cant remember what they actually SAID lol ... but I'm sure my subconcious retains it ).

By the way , welcome to the forum ! :D

i also have an open mind, and i think about this ALOT. as julz knows, i watch most haunted alot also, love it to bits.

i often think there are people around me too, and that spirits hang around after death... especially if they are restless.

i took a picture recently in a russian museum, i took a few pictures actually, and they were fine, then i took a picture of guns that had been used, probably to kill and probably had killed before... and there were 'orbs' around them, i still believe they are the spirits hanging around the thing that has killed them/helped them kill.

its just spooky, i'll post the picture later, and a story or 2 ive had myself... im in work atm so ill post later :)

I'm not going to say it isn't your Granddad, but in most cases it's just fridges and the like doing what they do. The fridge for instance, will switch itself on when it is warm to cool down and back off when it is cold enough. It'll hum and bang at random intervals to. If you're looking for something, you're going to find it everywhere. :)

I've got an open mind to stuff like this to. I don't know if I believe it, in a lot of cases I think the people who talk about believing certain things happening to them really do believe it, even if it all seems a bit sketchy to me. I'd certainly like to believe there is an afterlife and stuff like that. But I really can't say I fully do. It's one of those things where I think I'd have to see it to believe it. Which scares me to say as I wonder if there is an afterlife, am I not going to go there for not fully believing in it?

Religion, ghosts and the paranormal is a funny area for me. Depending on my mood I'll either dismiss it or believe it (I'm really getting some use of that word aren't I?). I'm always interested in it though. I'm certainly not going to look down my nose at people just because they believe things which I don't either. I can't stand people who do that.

There's a program on tomorrow which looks good.
http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...4203156&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details.jsp

ferny said:
I'm not going to say it isn't your Granddad, but in most cases it's just fridges and the like doing what they do. The fridge for instance, will switch itself on when it is warm to cool down and back off when it is cold enough. It'll hum and bang at random intervals to.

lol, i kno fridges do that, i meant like random noises that they are not supposed to make, like creaks etc. but yeah, i have that feeling that my grandad is always there watching over me too

ferny said:
I'm not going to say it isn't your Granddad, but in most cases it's just fridges and the like doing what they do. The fridge for instance, will switch itself on when it is warm to cool down and back off when it is cold enough. It'll hum and bang at random intervals to. If you're looking for something, you're going to find it everywhere. :)

I've got an open mind to stuff like this to. I don't know if I believe it, in a lot of cases I think the people who talk about believing certain things happening to them really do believe it, even if it all seems a bit sketchy to me. I'd certainly like to believe there is an afterlife and stuff like that. But I really can't say I fully do. It's one of those things where I think I'd have to see it to believe it. Which scares me to say as I wonder if there is an afterlife, am I not going to go there for not fully believing in it?

Religion, ghosts and the paranormal is a funny area for me. Depending on my mood I'll either dismiss it or believe it (I'm really getting some use of that word aren't I?). I'm always interested in it though. I'm certainly not going to look down my nose at people just because they believe things which I don't either. I can't stand people who do that.

There's a program on tomorrow which looks good.
http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...4203156&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details.jsp

THANKYOU FOR FINDING THAT :D , havent watched tv in ages, and i LOVE derren brown, he rocks beyond belief :D ,

i also know what you mean about the sounds etc too, my tv creaks, im pretty sure its when it cools down etc, alot of stuff depends on heat etc.. but theres still that unexplained stuff :)

on another note... derren brown is coming to belfast in a few months... i need tickets...

my house makes all kinds of wierd noises...i hope it's not ghosts cuz they see me doing all kind of naughty crap. But I'm not worried too much we have yard gnomes to defend the parimeter and squrriels in the attic dribbling thier nuts. And if it's one thing ghost hate..it's damn gittery squrriels. :D

mygrain said:
my house makes all kinds of wierd noises...i hope it's not ghosts cuz they see me doing all kind of naughty crap. But I'm not worried too much we have yard gnomes to defend the parimeter and squrriels in the attic dribbling thier nuts. And if it's one thing ghost hate..it's damn gittery squrriels. :D

you seem to be protected well... you are wise in the ways of ghost keeping away'ee ness.

SiCk said:
mygrain said:

you seem to be protected well... you are wise in the ways of ghost keeping away'ee ness.

Oh yes sick, you will find that mygrain is wise of a lot of useless crap. If ya ever need to find the life size game of mouse trap I'm yer man!!:wink:

I might sound wacky but there are so many weird manifestations in my neighborhood! It seems like our houses were built atop some very old Native American burial sites. Almost every house on my street has had a weird thing to them. One of my neighbors has her TV turned on and off in the middle of the night, once she heard some noises outside and thinking she didn't let one of her dogs in she went to look. The house door was slammed behind her and locked. Her husband was soundly asleep. So far the 'ghost' seems to be friendly.

We have had a few encounters as well, mainly things get moved around over night, in our medicine cabinet. Once we had the lights turn on in the middle of the night. My wife was making the bed one night and as she was trying to get the fitted sheet on the bed she noticed that the other side was neatly tucked under before she got to it, so she simply said "Thank you". We were told by an older Native American to burn some sage or Indian incense and the 'ghost' will leave us alone. Did that, never had any encounters since then.

I was very skeptical at first because I don't believe in 'ghosts' but after hearing from different neighbors and seeing with my own eyes I started accepting it.

Luminosity said:
ferny said:
mygrain said:
squrriels in the attic dribbling thier nuts
You should take them to ther vet. They don't sound healthy.

I agree ! Nothin worse then a few elephantitis-afflicted squirrels running around in ya attic. :lol:

actually I don't have squirrels here but cats running on the roofs of the homes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back