Hello from Santa Clarita!

DRK-1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings! I've been teaching high school photography for 16 years and thought it was time to join an online forum. I've primarily used Photoshop CS5, but am familiar with some of the other software. I had a Canon Rebel for about 12 years, then it died and I got a Canon 6D Mk II. I've used a few other cameras as well, but can't remember the names and model numbers.
I like landscape photography, but am actually not very good at it! Ha! We always seem to be in beautiful places in the middle of the day, and family and schedule issues seem to always get in the way of me being able to shoot when the light is best.
I also enjoy macro photography. I'm not into fancy equipment and having the latest gear; I believe it's the person behind the camera that makes the magic happen.
For my students, I teach them the basic technical stuff, then we take pictures and have critiques and go over what makes a good photo. My goal is to get them to think and expose them to as many good images as possible. I tell them they will be taking pictures the rest of their lives, so they may as well learn what makes a good one!
For myself, I like to learn and help others learn. I'm open to suggestions and criticism, and enjoy a spirited, respectful (there's enough poison on the internet) debate. I always give people the benefit of the doubt and hope others do the same.

-Jeff

,hi welcome
As far as CC is concerned, if I see something and the author has asked for CC I will offer ideas. I do believe in the .... it’s your images and my ideas my not suit.
I have had the problem in the past in my teens where by the time everyone has had their say and CC the image is no longer what I wanted

Hi DRK-1 and welcome to The Photo Forum. I just joined about a month ago and have been spending a lot of time here. This forum offers something for everyone, and I think you'll enjoy it. On another note, I was just out your way a week ago: Venture, Santa Barbara, and Goleta. Coming from southern Arizona, I really enjoyed the change of scenery and weather. I got a few good photos, to boot. Have fun!

,hi welcome
As far as CC is concerned, if I see something and the author has asked for CC I will offer ideas. I do believe in the .... it’s your images and my ideas my not suit.
I have had the problem in the past in my teens where by the time everyone has had their say and CC the image is no longer what I wanted
I noticed this site now has a little flag you can add to specify if you want a full critique, or just a "Nice photo!" comment. That will be helpful to determine what kind of feedback/comments to give.

Hello and welcome!!!!

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back