Kawaracer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

21547527974_26c81f8183_b.jpg

21982515518_6a6dbf59b2_b.jpg

21983446529_20ab055e2d_b.jpg

His skin tone is kinda' orangish, possibly because of a white balance issue.
I like the 1st photo the best, then #3.

All 3 photos have differing exposure values, with #3 looking under exposed.
Of course #2 had to be somewhat over exposed to get the exposure of his facial mask in the ball park.

"Political Science" by Randy Newman

No one likes us - I don't know why
We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the big one and see what happens

We give them money - but are they grateful?
No, they're spiteful and they're hateful
They don't respect us - so let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one and pulverize them

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old
Africa is far too hot
And Canada's too cold
And South America stole our name
Let's drop the big one
There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia
Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an All American amusement park there
They got surfin', too

Boom goes London and boom Paree
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We'll set everybody free
You'll wear a Japanese kimono
And there'll be Italian shoes for me

They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
Let's drop the big one now

Simon Smith And The Amazing Dancing Bear

I may go out tomorrow if I can borrow a coat to wear
Oh I'd step out in style with my sincere smile and my dancing bear
Outrageous alarming courageous charming
Oh who would think a boy and bear
Could be well accepted everywhere
It's just amazing how fair people can be

Seen at the nicest places where well fed faces all stop to stare
Making the grandest entrance is Simon Smith and his dancing bear
They'll love us, won't they?
They feed us, don't they?
Oh, who would think a boy and bear
Could be well accepted everywhere
It's just amazing how fair people can be

Who needs money when you're funny?
The big attraction everywhere
Will be Simon Smith and his dancing bear
It's Simon Smith and the amazing dancing bear

I recall his 15 minutes of fame after he released Short People (Got No Reason To Live) here in the USA...wow...one of the most polarizing novelty songs of its decade!

I always work with spot metering so normally the face should be exposed correctly. the white balance I'm not always convinced by getting rid of the collor of the stagelight, fore me it takes out the atmosfere of a stage performence, so I try to reproduce how I remember the show.

He is getting old , My wife asked me who it was on the pics while she knew I went to shoot his concert.

Randy Newman has been famous as a songwriter for way longer than just 15 minutes.
Randy Newman has been a professional songwriter since 1960.
Randy Newman is famous for the movie sound track music he composed - 20 Oscar nominations, 2 wins for Best Original Song.

He has been awarded 3 Emmy awards, 6 Grammy awards, the Governer's Award from the Recording Academy, and he was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2002.
In 2007 he was inducted as a Disney Legend.
He has had a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame since 2010.
Randy Newman was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013.

Last edited:
You obviously need to look up what the term, "15 minutes of fame" actually means, dude. I have not heard the guy's name mentioned out loud in over 20 years. I have not seen him mentioned in a newspaper, magazine, or on TV, nor on the internet since, well....since the 1990's were a new decade.

Again...look up what "15 minutes of fame actually means" in the USA. He had his day in the sun, and is now pretty much washed up as a singer/songwriter/performer.

He is currently finishing up a series of one-night shows in obscure European venues.

There are over 2,500 stars on the Walk of Fame, including stars for fictional characters: Mickey Mouse,Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Woody Woodpecker, Snow White, Tinker Bell, Winnie-the-Pooh, Shrek, The Simpsons, and the Rugrats, the Munchkins, Kermit the Frog and the Muppets as a group, Big Bird, Godzilla, and three non-animated canine characters,Strongheart, Lassie, and Rin Tin Tin also have stars on the Hollywood walk of Fame.

Last edited:
You obviously need to look up what the term, "15 minutes of fame" actually means, dude. I have not heard the guy's name mentioned out loud in over 20 years. I have not seen him mentioned in a newspaper, magazine, or on TV, nor on the internet since, well....since the 1990's were a new decade.

Again...look up what "15 minutes of fame actually means" in the USA. He had his day in the sun, and is now pretty much washed up as a singer/songwriter/performer.

He is currently finishing up a series of one-night shows in obscure European venues.

There are over 2,500 stars on the Walk of Fame, including stars for fictional characters: Mickey Mouse,Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Woody Woodpecker, Snow White, Tinker Bell, Winnie-the-Pooh, Shrek, The Simpsons, and the Rugrats, the Munchkins, Kermit the Frog and the Muppets as a group, Big Bird, Godzilla, and three non-animated canine characters,Strongheart, Lassie, and Rin Tin Tin also have stars on the Hollywood walk of Fame.
I think most Disney/Pixar fans are quite familiar with Randy Newman. If you know the Toy Story theme, you know Randy Newman. He may not be a "Pop/Rock" superstar, but I've only ever known him as a film composer. I had no idea he had done any sort of pop music before composing.

I'm quite shore that he got some media attention when he won his oscars in 2002 for his soundtrack of Monster inq and in 2011 for Toy story 3. And it isn't because you don't know the venues in Europe that they are obscure. The Roma in Antwerp Belgium ( where I shot the pics) has a history that goes back to 1928 in the beginning Cinéma and theatrehall and from the 70ties as a rock and pop temple where Lou reed, Iggy pop, Ry Cooder, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richards...... passed trough

Most reactions

New Topics

Back