Rant/Am I the only one?

I first read through your post and it comes off as a bit of jelousy...

:thumbup:

Instead of raving here, ask yourself what YOU are doing wrong. An idiot photog will never take business away from good photogs for very long unless that good photog gets too bogged down in the idiot photog run of luck.

But yeah, there is nothing you can do about it except for waiting till she drops it - and then, there is always the chance of another person coming along to take her place...

Very true. There will always be another idiot. If you have a problem dealing with it, could it be that you are not so good yourself yet?

Fact of life, some people are happy settling for mediocrity so long as it's easy on their wallets. But those people they're so cheap they probably wouldn't be your clients anyway.

Two more beautiful truths. The second truth here being: do you want those people as customers? Frankly, you can have them. I don't need them.

I am so glad that I wrote this now, simply so people would tell me quit my bitching and worry about myself. I think I needed to hear it.

It IS maddening, I agree, but I guess I just gotta accept it as part of life!

And I agree completely with the pose thing-- I don't mean to say she was stealing something that belonged to me. I had recently done some portraits of my sister's family before they PCS'ed and put them on facebook for my sister to share-- those were the exact same poses that wound up in her next 'session'. I don't claim any possession, obviously, just frustrating and a little too coincidental.

Thanks, guys!

I have been pursuing photography for about 6 years now. Whether I am all that good or not is really a matter of opinion depending on the person, all I know is everyone I've ever done photos for absolutely loves them, and I can tell how much my photography has grown over the years.

I am nowhere near where I want to be in my photos yet, but I am much closer than when I started. There is always something to learn, that's for sure.

I'm positive I have plenty of room for improvement, it's just maddening because I am so passionate about it. I can't NOT take pictures, I see the world constantly through a viewfinder. It's like a compulsion, haha.

I'm glad I read this forum. Now I can try and learn from it. I have just recently within the last year gotten into photography but I am getting serious about it and not just playing around with a point and shoot. I think also all I am ever going to look at photography is a hobby and if it makes me any money I will be lucky

Most reactions

New Topics

Back