What's new

Rant. If you get pissed about the contents, it's you're fault for clicking the link.

I tried this
a little homework before you choose this hobby

but then I made the mistake of
never pickup, try out, demo, or rent....

with a 300mm f2.8 IS L (it was all Lost Prophets fault - for those that recall him!) And now - now I've sunk more money into it than anything else and I still don't have the lens (though I've got some other really neat stuff!) and and there's an M2 of the lens now and its even more expensive and even more amazing! (oooh and there's a 200-400mm L coming out too!)
 
As Keith pointed out, there are indeed more expensive hobbies. But on the other hand, have you tried doing some scrapbooking? That's probably pretty inexpensive.

Apparently you don't FREAKING SCRAPBOOK!
My wife easily has as much in scrap booking, with the fancy papers, cutters, edgers, drawers of stamps, inks, fancy binders, yada, yada, yada, as I do in my 1D Mk IV body. It is inexpensive only if you use plain white paper and kiddie glue to stick the photos down, a #2 pencil and stick it all in a Office Max 3 ring binder. Thanks for reminding me of all that stuff she has. It fills two of those big 5 drawer crafting cabinets that women like so much :x
 
As Keith pointed out, there are indeed more expensive hobbies.

Between my camera gear, guitars, and microphone collection... I've yet to find another hobby that actually entertains me and isn't expensive. No scrapbooking for this girl! :sexywink:

I know a couple of guys in Chicago that would maybe trade you their Blues Mobile for one of your microphones.
 
I tried this
a little homework before you choose this hobby

but then I made the mistake of
never pickup, try out, demo, or rent....

with a 300mm f2.8 IS L (it was all Lost Prophets fault - for those that recall him!) And now - now I've sunk more money into it than anything else and I still don't have the lens (though I've got some other really neat stuff!) and and there's an M2 of the lens now and its even more expensive and even more amazing! (oooh and there's a 200-400mm L coming out too!)

Well apparently in your case it should have been A LOT of homework there Overrread. :lol: :lmao:
 
I feel your pain! I'm always saving up to buy new equipment...it can get expensive LOL
 
I tried this
a little homework before you choose this hobby

but then I made the mistake of
never pickup, try out, demo, or rent....

with a 300mm f2.8 IS L (it was all Lost Prophets fault - for those that recall him!) And now - now I've sunk more money into it than anything else and I still don't have the lens (though I've got some other really neat stuff!) and and there's an M2 of the lens now and its even more expensive and even more amazing! (oooh and there's a 200-400mm L coming out too!)

Well apparently in your case it should have been A LOT of homework there Overrread. :lol: :lmao:

I tried that with macro - 3 macro lenses later and I want to upgrade two of them and also start buying high quality microscope optics! :lmao:
 
All hobbies can be expensive, I used to collect, and still do maintain a collection of fountain pens. How expensive can it be? It holds ink and writes on paper, no electronics, no real mechanics. BUWAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I have single pens that will buy pro level glass!

Allan
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom