What's new

Rant. If you get pissed about the contents, it's you're fault for clicking the link.

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
3,241
Reaction score
911
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WHY DOES THIS **** COST SO MUCH MONEY!!!!????!!!!

Even the basics aren't cheap. $60 for a battery? You've got to be ****ting me. Cheap lenses at $400 each? Come on!!!!!

Arrrrrgh!

I just put in an order for 2 4gb SD cards and a battery fro my D7000 and it ate up a c-note..... BEFORE shipping.

Pffft.

Every time I learn a little bit more about my camera and photography it seems to cost me a hundred bucks.

Ok, so I guess this thread should be titled is "WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE CHEAPER HOBBIES!!!!????!!!!"

On the plus side, I did get my Cowboy studio lightstand/umbrella setup the other day, and surprisingly, for a $30 unit, it doesn't suck that bad.
 
We've all had the same attitude at some point in time or another..... I remember asking this very question. And then I bought my first 'pro' quality glass, and never asked again....
 
Have you looked at off brand batteries for the D7000? (Assuming someone's producing them. I'm kind of ignorant to the Nikon gear/accessories) You could always look for older lenses in the Nikon lineup, but you probably won't be able to utilize the AF... Right?
 
Have you looked at off brand batteries for the D7000? (Assuming someone's producing them. I'm kind of ignorant to the Nikon gear/accessories) You could always look for older lenses in the Nikon lineup, but you probably won't be able to utilize the AF... Right?


I haven't seen any off brand batteries for the D700....... yet. Also, I have been buying the older AI lenses which are wonderful, and in the case of my 135mm 2.8, razor sharp to boot...... but they don't have the AF ability. Usually not a big deal, but for some situations it renders them useless. Besides, the lenses I really want are in the $2,500+ range. I've found myself applying for better jobs just in hopes of supporting my new found hobby. :lol:
 
Yeah - that's one big reason I'm still on film, in spite of the convenience of digital. My Nikons cost me about $30.

Real cameras don't use batteries!
 
Yup.. i buy off brand batteries. They usually have less capacity (advertised higher but in reality it is not) but once I put 2 in my grip, it will last me all day anyway shooting wedding. So I dont really care.
 
Yeah - that's one big reason I'm still on film, in spite of the convenience of digital. My Nikons cost me about $30.

Real cameras don't use batteries!

Don't film camera's need a battery to meter? :confused:
 
On the plus side, I did get my Cowboy studio lightstand/umbrella setup the other day, and surprisingly, for a $30 unit, it doesn't suck that bad.

Just wait until the day you decide to upgrade the studio lights, then you will wish it was only costing you $100. The last strobe I bought was over $1000 for the strobe alone.......
 
Just wait until the day you decide to upgrade the studio lights,

Based on my abilities and knowledge, this won't be justified for quite some time. I'm trying to at least be able to justify my purchases based on the quality of my photos and my ability to use the things I already have....... so luckily that slows me down quite a bit on my acquisitions. At least it has lately......


I put 2 in my grip,

Ahhhh... grip. There's another $250. :lmao:

Not in the immediate future, but definately on the horizon.
 
Yeah - that's one big reason I'm still on film, in spite of the convenience of digital. My Nikons cost me about $30.

Real cameras don't use batteries!

Don't film camera's need a battery to meter? :confused:

Yes, the more modern ones (~1960s and on) use batteries for the meter. I use a separate meter. There was a time when cameras metered with solar-power - it was limited by the ambient brightness, but very handy in most situations!​
 
I just had an off-brand battery die on me.. will not take a charge. It's about 6 months old. There's no company info written on the battery but it came with my "Meike" battery grip. :(
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom