Ranting

I had to google them myself. lol Mom With A Camera and Guy With A Camera. I'm a GWC.

Pro is when you stop asking others advice. When you go past the point of feeling you need others to critique your work.

So absolutely no one here is a pro? Man... asking advice makes you a non-pro. That's a new one. I wonder how all those people making a hellacious living and still humble enough to accept feedback and advice feel about that.

I think most of the folks on this thread are talking about MWAC's and such, with watermark logos and studios in the spare bedroom.
I don't know why you seem so offended and ready to pounce on anyone who shares the same views as the OP.
It's a general discussion.
I haven't seen anyone pointing a finger at YOU.

I'm not really offended, more like amazed at the amount of ... immaturity? Maybe that's not the word I'm looking for. If they -are- talking about me, then it's a mistake. I have no studio in my bedroom, I don't charge for my practicing and I'm not looking at going "pro" anytime in the near future. Is there something wrong with someone having a studio in a spare room of their house and having a watermark, though? Does it make them less talented than the guy downtown with a rented studio?

It is a general discussion. That's my input on it. :er:
ohhhhh...catfight....** grabs coolwhip and 7D** best use of 8fps I ever did see.

Is there something wrong with someone having a studio in a spare room of their house and having a watermark, though? Does it make them less talented than the guy downtown with a rented studio?

Before KP007 replies with more of his drivel (haven't actually seen a helpful post from him yet), the answer to both of your questions is no. I'm a complete hobbyist, and I plan on putting in a studio at some point. I just want to be able to use lights in a controlled setting. I would be surprised if I ever sold a single photograph in my lifetime. There's nothing wrong with a watermark. If you want to use one, there's no reason you shouldn't. KP007 is just an arrogant you-know-what who thin:mrgreen:ks he know's better.

KP007 is a chick.....see above.

On a slightly less serious note than catfights....who cares about a watermark? Why does it stir up so much jealous and hatred? Most artists sign their paintings whether they are seasoned pros or not. Whats wrong with showing off your work or branding your own stuff? Most entrepeneurs ( spelling ) had a brand long before there were able to make millions off of it. Thats where it all starts. Get over yourselves. Talk about egos the size of Wyoming.

Photography is full of people who dream of turning pro but don't have the self confidence; skills or set a very high bar for their work before they will go pro - so they fill with malice when they see people who's works they consider less than their own, either going pro or watermarking like a pro

*flees from the thread*

Pardon my rant, I've had a glass and a half of wine.

Why is it that it seems that once one gets a DSLR, they decide to"go pro" while their pics look like crap? I suppose one could fix certain things in photoshop or some other post processing technique, but why wouldn't you want to learn how to correctly shoot the subject in the first place? How is it that some "pros" are on a beginners forum asking straight up simple questions?

So I get my brothers' pics from his wedding last month and OMG, some are good, but there is nothing special about them except some photoshopping etc...and the lady charged 3500 FREAKING dollars!

I guess I am a perfectionist, if I didn't have a solid understanding of the foundations of photography, I would never sell myself to someone else as being a pro.

This rant is played like hairweaves and troll dolls.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the OP but I am tired of opening up the forum every couple of days and seeing the same rant thread about the same crap. I think this is the 4th or 5th thread in the last 2 weeks (if that long) ranting about people thinking their pros after having a camera 2 days.

My comment about watermarks (because I USE them) is that I only use them just so someone doesn't steal images from the site to use for whatever purpose they want. I have posted images of my friends and their children and I would hate for those images to be plastered somewhere without my knowledge, even though I am aware there are ways around watermarks.

On another note why cant we all just get along and learn and support each other? Is that not what this forum is for to begin with?

ok , i give what is MWAC and a GWC

little did i know i would need a handguide to read opinions:lmao:
They are generally derogatory terms for people (Men or women) who just buy a DSLR and go out shooting in auto, or just a way to reference someone who has a DSLR but isn't interested in photography as a hobby, they just wanted "nicer pictures".

I have a friend that takes pictures and she is really good. She charges for his time and if you want pictures- She takes way better than me and in the event I want a cheap photo of me and my kids, I would have her do them for me.

thank you all for an guide to the socialnet . i really mean it.

i am much too old for all this shorthand.

ps. i hate watermarks that are so large they interfer with the vision of the image. :grumpy:

Is there something wrong with someone having a studio in a spare room of their house and having a watermark, though? Does it make them less talented than the guy downtown with a rented studio?

Before KP007 replies with more of his drivel (haven't actually seen a helpful post from him yet), the answer to both of your questions is no. I'm a complete hobbyist, and I plan on putting in a studio at some point. I just want to be able to use lights in a controlled setting. I would be surprised if I ever sold a single photograph in my lifetime. There's nothing wrong with a watermark. If you want to use one, there's no reason you shouldn't. KP007 is just an arrogant you-know-what who thin:mrgreen:ks he know's better.

KP007 is a chick.....see above.

My mistake. Her replies were definitely NOT very ladylike. :lmao:

Ok.. not to fuel the fire of a thread I'm sure will take forever to die...

But here's a question:

Can a person be highly skilled, present themselves and their work with professionalism, but provide their services for free and still be considered a professional?
Absolutely!

Because professional means highly skilled, being an expert at what you do.

Ok.. not to fuel the fire of a thread I'm sure will take forever to die...

But here's a question:

Can a person be highly skilled, present themselves and their work with professionalism, but provide their services for free and still be considered a professional?
Absolutely!

Because professional means highly skilled, being an expert at what you do.
I am so confused!
I thought it meant you get paid to do something with no regard to skill.

:confused::grumpy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back