zombiesniper

Furtographer Extraordinaire!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorbaldwin.space
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We have a few Red Tail Hawks that keep teasing me by letting me almost get close enough for a good shot. Heres the best I've come up with so far.

redtail by seastud, on Flickr

We see quite a few of these little guys around so I grabbed a shot of him as well.

littleguy by seastud, on Flickr

Nice shots, although the Red Tail is a little dark. Be careful what you wish for about getting close to them. I was in the wilds of S. NJ once and one flew over me and squawked. It was only about 30 feet off the ground - scared the c*** out of me.

You may mean Raptors. Rapture is an event that Christians believe will happen when Jesus returns. :barbershop_quartet_member:
Love #2 of the Eastern Bluebird!

Absolutely correct, although if those christians are correct, I'm screwed when it comes to rapture as well. lol

Nice shots, although the Red Tail is a little dark. Be careful what you wish for about getting close to them. I was in the wilds of S. NJ once and one flew over me and squawked. It was only about 30 feet off the ground - scared the c*** out of me.

I had that happen with a Bald Eagle. I already had great respect for all birds, especially the raptors, but geez--I thought that dude might just have an appendage or two for breakfast that day. Good thing I was close to home, so I could go change my pants. :biglaugh:
It was a complete accident; I had NO idea at the time, but it turned out, their nest was not far from where I was standing. They were NOT happy about the interloper, and I did my part to never, ever come that close again.

I had that happen with a Bald Eagle. I already had great respect for all birds, especially the raptors, but geez--I thought that dude might just have an appendage or two for breakfast that day. Good thing I was close to home, so I could go change my pants. :biglaugh:
It was a complete accident; I had NO idea at the time, but it turned out, their nest was not far from where I was standing. They were NOT happy about the interloper, and I did my part to never, ever come that close again.

Yeah, after I recovered (in my car) it occurred to me that I was probably not far from a nest. Unfortunately, this was rather close to a place where I was working at the time, but I didn't have any more fly-by incidents.

Good thing I was close to home, so I could go change my pants. :biglaugh:

Pants? You wear pants? I thought the genre was Naked & Wildlife. :dob:
Pure luck I haven't been arrested yet, or worse, laughed at. :surprise:

Very nice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Had another try to get by without me noticing.
hawk copy.jpg

Nice shot of a Dark Phase Rough Legged Hawk I have only seen the Light Phase ones here

Nice shot. Glad he didn't manage to sneak by.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back