What's new

Ratchet Set Ad C+C

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
3,781
Reaction score
633




Had to mimic an advertisement for an assignment and shoot metal objects.
Chrome is a ***** to shoot lol.

I shot with the intention of doing this as a landscape, but decided to go with portrait instead. Unfortunately I didn't have enough on the bottom,
so I wound up just making a black band and logo.
 
Last edited:
i like it, maybe briten it up a little over all, but even as it is its a solid product shot. this coming from a car guy who always uses tools.
so very nicely done
 
i like it, maybe briten it up a little over all, but even as it is its a solid product shot. this coming from a car guy who always uses tools.
so very nicely done

I can only go maybe an 1/8th of a stop before I start blowing highlights. I shot the lights too hot for this one.
 
oh i see. maybe a little post production to lighten it up. but i don't like post production much. haha.
regardless, good shot!
 
oh i see. maybe a little post production to lighten it up. but i don't like post production much. haha.
regardless, good shot!

Yeah I'm definitely with you on that. I'd change a few things if I shoot shoot. I bounced flash off of a large piece of styrofoam and filled the opposing side with another.
I think I would just diffuse it next time.
 
Does anyone have a good trick to prevent banding with gradual shadows (gradient tool)?
 
I see red rings. is this Kobalts "L" series of sockets?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom