RAW Image editing Application

bogleric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there a RAW image editor that is really preferred?? I have been using PhotoShop CS2 that comes with their bridge application that is supposed to allow previews of RAW images. I can open RAW images, but cannot get any previews. THis is quite annoying since I don't know which image I want to edit without opening many of them.

I tried using Canon Digital Photo Pro that comes with the camera, however so many options were missing.

SUggestions??

bogleric said:
I can open RAW images, but cannot get any previews. THis is quite annoying since I don't know which image I want to edit without opening many of them.
You know, I've got exactly the same problem but with JPGs and PSD files. I use PS CS (haven't installed 2 yet) and none of the preview thumbnails work in my windows folders. If I use the browser in PS though it works (i think, from memory). I've made sure the setting is turned on in the program too... I'm thinking it's just a bug and hopefully it'll go in version 2.

Edit: oops just saw you are using CS2... ah well. I've got no idea. Good luck with the other programs!

Just for kicks I redownloaded the Camera Raw plugin which was the same file size and date as the one I downloaded before (3.1, etc) and now it all works. Must have been a bad download.

I really like the Photoshop RAW editor. Though, since I reformated my computer, CS runs like crap if the file browser is open to a folder with RAW images. :scratch:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back