RAW or JPEG???

480sparky said:
Raw is a tool used by those who know how to use it properly. Calling it a crutch means you don't understand it fully.

Learn how to use your camera properly and then you will not need raw.

480sparky said:
Raw is a tool used by those who know how to use it properly. Calling it a crutch means you don't understand it fully.

Tell me all the possible future needs for every shot I take and I'll happily convert back to JPEG. Until you do, I prefer to have ALL the abilities to EDIT my photos in the FUTURE.

480sparky said:
Tell me all the possible future needs for every shot I take and I'll happily convert back to JPEG. Until you do, I prefer to have ALL the abilities to EDIT my photos in the FUTURE.

No need to. Get it right in camera, and any edit that can be done on raw can be done on jpeg.

480sparky said:

Learn how to properly edit and you won't need jpeg. I don't disagree that one should try to get framing and everything right in camera but that doesn't mean to completely ditch the idea of editing altogether.

480sparky said:

Learn how to properly edit and you won't need jpeg.

Hum...if you don't need Jpeg, what form of files do you give your clients? Surely you don't give them RAW files?

Juga said:

False...save time and let your camera do the baseline editing.

Tailgunner said:
Hum...if you don't need Jpeg, what form of files do you give your clients? Surely you don't give them RAW files?

Splendid question

I thought it was assumed that the discussion is the form to shoot in...not what final form the images are. But you know what they say about assuming!:lol:

As for baseline editing in camera...no thanks. I like to have the ability to change contrast, saturation, highlights, etc. so on and so forth.

If you like having less control and dont want to less control on the outcome of your photo quality by all means shoot jpeg. For people who care and want the best possible outcome with more options raw is the way to go.

You dont have the control over a jpeg like you do a raw file plain and simple.

Its about having more control of the final product. But getting it right dosent hurt lol.

10 Reasons why you should be shooting raw

Last edited:
Juga said:

As for baseline editing in camera...no thanks. I like to have the ability to change contrast, saturation, highlights, etc. so on and so forth.

If you use your camera correctly 100% of the time the raw edits will look just like the jpeg

ShaneF said:
If you like having very little control and dont want to make any decisions on the outcome of your photo quality by all means shoot jpeg. For people who care and want the best possible outcome with more options raw is the way to go.

You dont have the control over a jpeg like you do a raw file plain and simple.

You will not find a professional photographer that shoots in jpeg, its not about getting it right, its about more control of the final product.But getting it right dosent hurt lol.

10 Reasons why you should be shooting raw

You will find many professional photographers who shoot in jpeg. You absolutely have the same amount of control as you do with a raw file if you know how to properly use your camera. The link you provided is just some scrub who is giving his personal opinion. I could do the same thing about jpeg.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back