RAW or JPEG???

Please Buck tell this fool something. Turn this thread into a 90 post bashing. :lol:
That would be an exercise in futility, I'm afraid, as it plays right into the game he's up to here.

And, although it's not his first time, it's still a helluva job he's done trolling the forum this time, ya gotta admit. He's managed to throw this thread off it's tracks and careening toward a mod-lock with very little effort on his part.

you can if you shoot jpeg and edit it in paint.

Ysarex said:
All talk and no show is just noise -- go troll somewhere else.

Thank you for finally calling me out. My fingers are tired. Sorry OP for hijacking your thread. Bottom line is they both have their merits. If you read through the thread you read some good reasons to use raw.

I would like to see some of your photos also. We will wait will you download some from google.

480sparky said:
I nominate this post for the TPF I Don't Know What I'm Talking About Award for the month of July.

It should be nominated for that award because of all the pro raw fools. Jpeg is the greatest format period...times infinity!!! Bam! You can't get better than that. I am right..that's all there is to it. Now I sleep.

Remember folks, this poster is from the same state that gave us George, "there are WOMD over there among the Axis of Evil," Bush and Rick Perry. I rest my case.

Please Buck tell this fool something. Turn this thread into a 90 post bashing. :lol:
That would be an exercise in futility, I'm afraid, as it plays right into the game he's up to here.

And, although it's not his first time, it's still a helluva job he's done trolling the forum this time, ya gotta admit. He's managed to throw this thread off it's tracks and careening toward a mod-lock with very little effort on his part.

Yeah I didn't notice it until after I posted that ^^^^^.

480sparky said:
I nominate this post for the TPF I Don't Know What I'm Talking About Award for the month of July.

It should be nominated for that award because of all the pro raw fools. Jpeg is the greatest format period...times infinity!!! Bam! You can't get better than that. I am right..that's all there is to it. Now I sleep.

Remember folks, this poster is from the same state that gave us George, "there are WOMD over there among the Axis of Evil," Bush and Rick Perry. I rest my case.

and the Dallas Cowboys...yuck :grumpy:

All jpeg's are bigger in texas :)

Raw is fresh food seasoned up nicely cooked tender and juicy yum yum.Jpeg is a hamburger cooked in the microwave.:lmao: Now pass the popcorn please.

Here's one example ... when you can't control the light during a shoot for whatever reasons let say a wedding ... how does one get it 100% right in camera? Raw would be a hell of a lot more helpful than jpegs - shooting in jpeg is ok for for snapshots and the such impo - even all film had to be processed - processing raw images is where it's at for the serious enthusiast/pro!

and the Dallas Cowboys...yuck :grumpy:

Don't you mean the Dallas Felons?

Here's one example ... when you can't control the light during a shoot for whatever reasons let say a wedding ... how does one get it 100% right in camera? Raw would be a hell of a lot more helpful than jpegs - shooting in jpeg is ok for for snapshots and the such impo - even all film had to be processed - processing raw images is where it's at for the serious enthusiast/pro!

Please..... Let us not use real world photographic situations in this thread. It will confuse some people. Remember Ansel Adams always got it right in the camera as well. He never post processed in the darkroom. Mater of fact, I believe he used a Walgreens to develop and print his film.

Were is the "I shoot JPEG" section?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back