RAW Processing

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

Quick question...My girlfriend and I went out on a photoshoot last weekend and then today went to a wine festival; I took several pictures at both. My computer is currently not working, so I don't have access to Lightroom or Photoshop. I put the pictures on her laptop, and uploaded them to Facebook because I was tired of waiting. Would posting the JPEG have anything to do with the sharpness of the photo? Every one of them looks out of focus and I really don't think they looked out of focus at the time of shooting...

If it would help, I could post an example...

Thanks,
Joshua

Different sites use different algorithms to save uploaded images, so where you host your images can affect sharpness.

Now, what is your "RAW processing" question?

Different sites use different algorithms to save uploaded images, so where you host your images can affect sharpness.

Now, what is your "RAW processing" question?

Facebook's algorithm isn't all the great from what I hear, so most pics on facebook are a little less than the actually shot itself.

Processing the RAW to JPEG for upload probably would not have made a difference.

What browser did you use?

There is more difference between browser software and image handeling than any software and/or settings web sites use to display photos.

Do they look out of focus or do they look unsharp?

There's a clear distinction in that an out of focus shot will usually have something in the photo that is actually sharp, a picture that simply isn't sharp will not.

I used Internet Explorer to upload the images.

They look unsharp to me, but I could be mistaken. I'll post two examples below to get your opinion.

7958916300_8cf28a5a0f_b_d.jpg

7958911120_2beda812a5_b_d.jpg

IE is a browser, not a hosting site.

We need access to the original images, not ones scaled down and posted.

That bottom image definitely shows signs of backfocusing, rather than lack of sharpness. Not sure about the top one.

Most reactions

Back