RAW to JPEG

juju

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

i have just been through editing a shed load of RAW files thinking that my Digital photo professional would be able to Batch convert them into JPEG files however this seems not to be the case.

does anyone know a way of Batch converting RAW into JPEG please

but on DPP when i highlight the folder with the RAW images in it doesnt see them as being there so i have nothing to select

but on DPP when i highlight the folder with the RAW images in it doesnt see them as being there so i have nothing to select

You have to open the folder and select the photos that you want to convert then click on batch process.

its strange cause DPP wont let me see the RAW DNG files and theres no option to batch process when the folder is highlited.if i double click the folder nothing happens either. DPP is just seeing the folder as if it was empty

its strange cause DPP wont let me see the RAW DNG files and theres no option to batch process when the folder is highlited.if i double click the folder nothing happens either. DPP is just seeing the folder as if it was empty
Check the folder in Windows Explorer. Is the folder empty?

all the files are in there in explorer its only DPP and Zoombrowser that dont see the RAW files. its a little confusing

it seems DPP doesnt recognise DNG files which is a real shame as ive just spent hours and hours editing all the DNG files.

there are some bits of software that convert DNG to JPEG online but im skint and cant pay for them yet. if anyone knows of a free download or plugin or anything please let me know it would really help me out

it seems DPP doesnt recognise DNG files which is a real shame as ive just spent hours and hours editing all the DNG files.

there are some bits of software that convert DNG to JPEG online but im skint and cant pay for them yet. if anyone knows of a free download or plugin or anything please let me know it would really help me out

You shouldn't have DNG files. You should have CR or CR2 files. Those are Canon raw files. How did you create the DNG files? If you created them from Photoshop then you should have saved them as raw files or as JPEG's after editing.

i use elements 4 which doesnt read CR2 files so i converted them to DNG. then i edited them as saved them as DNG files. i think my only option is to open each file individually in photoshop and save as JPEG. sounds easy enough but i have 180 images to do lol.

thanks everyone for trying to help

What program did you use to convert the raw files to DNG? Even if you converted them to DNG, the raw files should still exist.

All you need to do is edit the raw files in DPP, select them, and convert them to jpg. Then any further editing can be done in Elements.

i just did a batch edit in DPP on the original RAW files and have converted them all to JPEG. the only reason i was desperate to convert the DNG ones was that i spent a lot of time editing them individually and it just seemed like a waste but whats done is done. all is well now and thanks for the help

try going to the folder in dpp where your raw files are and type *.* in the filename field... that should show all the files in the folder.. select the raw files and IF your lucky... DPP will recognize and open it. lol. best of luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back