RB67 twin cable question

selmerdave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Recently got an RB67, still checking it out and shooting my first few rolls. I have a question about the twin cable release, what is its purpose? I mean, I understand the two releases, but I don't understand why a cable release for the mirror. Does the twin cable release each at different times? So far I've been using just a regular cable on the lens for the MLU after tripping the mirror by hand and waiting a few seconds. Just curious what the point of the twin cable is.

It's a 2 step cable release, one fires the mirror, the other fires the shutter. You really don't need it at all, just a gimic.

It's just more convenient. If you're already using a cable to fire the shutter, the twin lets you perform both operations without reaching for the camera first to flip the mirror, and then using the cable trigger for the shutter; They're both right there in your trigger hand. I've been meaning to pick one up, but haven't yet. Instead, I've been using two old cables with a bit of gaffer's tape holding them together. They're different enough from each other that I know which is which in the firing sequence.

Thanks, I understand how it works now, didn't realize there were two separate releases in the cable. If I had nothing I might try to find the twin release but being that I have a regular release I can't really imagine being unable to release the mirror by hand, so that will work fine for me. I appreciate the responses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back