Re-blooming iris

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some iris are said to be re-blooming, but this one really did. October 21. Late afternoon sunlight.

DSC_0004 - Version 2 (2).jpg

Beautiful flower. Good catch of light. Just a tad bright. But I've got old eyes.

Awesome! I believe that variety is called Immortal because of the re-bloom. I have a blue re-bloom that's flowering right now as well.

Joe

Nice, I hope I re-bloom......

YES! I used to grow those!!! During WW II my grandfather's farm grew irises for bulbs and cut flowers commercially, due to the Dutch iris trade basically being suspended due to the hostilities. A sizable portion of the USA's iris bulbs are grown near here, in the Woodburn and Keiser, Oregon farmlands areas, off of Interstate 5.Every spring, Keizer has an Iris Festival.Keizer Iris Festival - Welcome to the Official Keizer Iris Festival website! Keizer Iris Festival

Schreiner's Iris Gardens | Iris Bulbs | Iris Plants

I've bought from Schreiner's. Small world!

I showed this to my wife who corrected me (rather quickly) the cultivar is not Immortal it's Immortality.

Joe

I showed this to my wife who corrected me (rather quickly) the cultivar is not Immortal it's Immortality.

Joe
Oh, thanks. I had not kept track of it. For a while, we tagged everything in the garden, then my 7-year-old grandson pulled 87 tags one afternoon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back