Re-tired

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ummm...I don't have anything to say about this one.

Maybe that means I should scrap it :scratch:

51509309-L.jpg

Bah dont you dare! Its awesome, love the contrasts between the solid black of the tyres and the whiteness in the backround through the trees, lovely shot. :D

That looks like a very interesting double treatment, making the trees and sky and grass all shiny and soft, but leaving the tyres alone, so they are black and harsh and clear. Very good. Don't even think about throwing this one out!

It's an interesting shot, I think the tyres make it really good, but it's possibly a bit too bright. Definitely a keeper though!

Rob

The tires are a bit dark for me (I coudn't tell what they were at first), and as Rob said, the background is a bit bright (it fights for my attention), but I like what you did overall. I certainly wouldn't scrap it.

Hmm... Actually, just moving the center (midtones) slider a little to the left on a levels adjustment does wonders for me. I can see more detail in the tires, and while this does lighten the background more, it doesn't seem to fight with the dark tires nearly as much.

Thanks for all the compliments and advice.
I originally lightened them a bit Marc, but as you said it made the bg even brighter.
I'll continue you play with it and see what I can do.
Thanks again :D

I think part of why being overall lighter works for me is that with the trees being lighter than they are now, they blend in more with the sky and don't compete with the tires as much.

Most reactions

Back