Ready to upgrade!

IMO, persue the mirrorless.
Now my logic here is my own and does not reflect others or even poss. reality in general.
:)
Nonetheless, using a mirrorless is the same as any SLR system with one REALLY huge exception.

You can mount nearly every older lens out there!

With proper adapter, any SLR Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Yashica, etc will fit.
Not to say that is your goal, but the versitility of a mirrorless is massive. It really is your call in the end and my original advice to all also applies.

Go toa camera store and LOOK and FEEL and MOLEST as many cameras as possible to see what fits and what works for YOU and YOU alone! Even if it is an SLR, or mirrorless, or whatever.
Go with what YOU want!

I agree - go mirrorless
and mirrorless can easily use DSLR lenses
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Since I'm now an old man and an amateur again, I made the switch to mirrorless. I sold all my Nikon equipment and bought into the Fuji X series. These are small, light APS-C format mirrorless cameras with an amazingly full array of top quality lenses. You can see my Fuji E1 in the avatar image. If I were younger and wanted to carry all that bulk and weight I probably wouldn't have done it. Having done it, though, I would never go back.

But my advice is to understand why you want to change cameras and why your new camera will do something that your current camera is incapable of handling. I have a clear idea of my change. I wanted less bulk and weight. I got what I wanted.

At the time I switched I considered the Fuji system to be the best of mirrorless. Nikon, at the time, had nothing desirable and the new Nikon mirrorless cameras are still too big and heavy to appeal to me. Think it through. Understand what you want and why then choosing a new camera is simple.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back