Real Estate Photography | Ballenger Photography (Round 2)

Wow, Mannheim. Great advice. Thanks for asking the time to write it.

The part about not taking flat exteriors is big. Shooting chest level is big too.

Couple concerns:

At 14mm, the distortion is killer once you get away from the center. How do you wide without worrying about having to crop later when you fix the distortion in post?

How do you shoot longer shutters with bounced flash during daylight hours without blowing out all your highlights and/or getting secular highlights everywhere?

Again, great advice. Thanks.

My pleasure. PTLens will do some distortion correction for you automatically. It's not perfect, but it's good. I find that I generally have to crop off a bit of the extreme edge of the image after doing perspective correction anyway, and that extreme edge is where the distortion is most prevalent. I've found that the combination of those two things makes for an acceptable end result.

As far as the long shutters and stuff, I sort of mixed up my methods. I was trying to describe to you fill light and wound up explaining shutter-dragging. :lol: Use a normal shutter time with the flash. So expose it properly, but use the flash as fill and illumination. Works well. Also... one other tip... watch where you bounce the flash. You're going to be right up against the wall and close to the ceiling, so if you point your flash in the wrong direction you're going to have a serious hotspot in the frame.

manaheim said:
As far as the long shutters and stuff, I sort of mixed up my methods. I was trying to describe to you fill light and wound up explaining shutter-dragging. :lol: Use a normal shutter time with the flash. So expose it properly, but use the flash as fill and illumination. Works well.

Got it. You had me really confused for a second... :lol:

Most reactions

Back